Need help with remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't find any information on whats going on. Yeah you all know the new motor saga, I don't know if this is related to that.

Went to remote start last night. Lock button then 2X on the start button. Horn honks and no start.

The only thing I can find is that the honk means an alien has taken charge of the Rap and will not allow it to start on remote power and it just honks at me. I don't underatand horn honk language and don't know if this is a cry for help or leave me alone.

Can I reset this or has anyone had this issue

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
My primitive 2010 Raptor didn't come with remote start but my wife's Jeep Cherokee on remote start honks just before it starts when doing remote start did your Raptor? You would think with switching motors that it would have to be a wiring issue!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's supposed to honk once and the leds should light up.
Like mentioned before, there is a hood safety switch, I cut mine and bypassed the switch.
It's close to the over-flow tank.

Yup, it's a child safety thing, 2X lock and then start button.
For vehicles with push button start.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's supposed to honk once and the leds should light up.
Like mentioned before, there is a hood safety switch, I cut mine and bypassed the switch.
It's close to the over-flow tank.

Yup, it's a child safety thing, 2X lock and then start button.
For vehicles with push button start.
Every time he throws a rod thru the block, he has to push-start it all the way home!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My primitive 2010 Raptor didn't come with remote start but my wife's Jeep Cherokee on remote start honks just before it starts when doing remote start did your Raptor? You would think with switching motors that it would have to be a wiring issue!
The 2010 didn't come from the factory with remote start.
But it is an option that can be ordered from the dealer and installed.
It's a Ford Factory alarm with remote start, I think I paid $500 with lifetime warranty.