Need help with finding a 2018 screw Raptor in lead foot grey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rayw1128

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Been looking at purchasing a gen 2 raptor for a while now. Finally decided that I want to take the dive and make the purchase. But being in Southern California has its draw backs on purchasing vehicles in high demand. Most dealerships are asking for at least 10k for markup around here.

I am looking for a 2018 screw Raptor in lead foot, with the following options:

- 802a and Technology package.
- Moonroof
- spray-in bed liner.
- tail step.
- tail applique.
- CA emissions.
- maybe on the forged wheels.

I prefer not to have the graphics package, carbon or trim color options.

I have done an exhaustive search on Cars.com and contacting dealers from here to the midwest. But it is very discouraging when most of the dealers has their cars on Cars.com for MSRP, and then they hit you with the markup when you contact them directly... and that is why I am reaching out to you guys.

Would also love it if it can be courtesy delivered to a dealer here in So-Cal if it is possible.

Looking for any possible leads!

Thanks.

infantrytroop22

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Been looking at purchasing a gen 2 raptor for a while now. Finally decided that I want to take the dive and make the purchase. But being in Southern California has its draw backs on purchasing vehicles in high demand. Most dealerships are asking for at least 10k for markup around here.

- Moonroof
- spray-in bed liner.
- tail step.
- tail applique.
- CA emissions.

I have done an exhaustive search on Cars.com and contacting dealers from here to the midwest. But it is very discouraging when most of the dealers has their cars on Cars.com for MSRP, and then they hit you with the markup when you contact them directly... and that is why I am reaching out to you guys.

Would also love it if it can be courtesy delivered to a dealer here in So-Cal if it is possible.

Thanks.

I'll give you a lead on a dealer that will order you one at MSRP once I secure my order.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

- Moonroof
- spray-in bed liner.
- tail step.
- tail applique.
- CA emissions.

Thanks.

Check raptorfinder.com

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll give you a lead on a dealer that will order you one at MSRP once I secure my order.

Same offer here in Maryland, at MSRP, just wait 2 weeks for my VIN and I will give you a dealer to work with.

Other idea, just search small dealerships, as the big ones will not deal.

Sean42082

Reaction score
Oxnard Ford and Lincoln has lead foot gray fully loaded, but the +$20k markup is rough. If you got the cash, and want to try to negotiate them off of the $20k bonus, they got the truck.

Attachments

• E77146DB-593C-4066-996C-37DD31E461BF.jpg
    E77146DB-593C-4066-996C-37DD31E461BF.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 759BDD41-AB74-4A5B-A227-598531657C40.jpg
    759BDD41-AB74-4A5B-A227-598531657C40.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 73

BlackEvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine from out of state (OH). I had no luck searching in CA. Keep in mind that to do a courtesy delivery you have to find a dealer willing to order it and one willing to receive it. There is often a service fee charged by the receiving dealership. The obstacle is dollars and cents really. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but from what I have been able to gather is that the dealer ordering the car gives up some portion of the sale (2% back-end money) to the receiving dealer. This service was designed for fleet sales and is labor intensive for the receiving dealer which is why you see the sharing of proceeds. Imagine Bob's Taxi service ordering 200 new taxis to be sent to 10 different locations. The receiving dealers now have a huge increase in demand on their service department to get those vehicles prepped for a sale that isn't theirs. Granted, your 1 truck doesn't cause a big demand on the service department, but you get the idea of why the proceed sharing is the way it is. A dealer selling a Raptor is less likely to take that profit hit for a courtesy delivery. Not impossible but very difficult.

Depending on where you live, you might consider buying in AZ or NM and driving it back. More dealers have come down to MSRP.

I ordered from Pallotta Ford in Wooster, OH. At that time (Nov) they only had 2 allocations left. They were at MSRP pricing. A good deal IMO considering shipping to CA is about $1600 and not so reliable. Plus you don't have to worry about insuring damage in transit. They are pleasant to deal with. Good luck.

There is also a guy on here that works for a dealership in Tenessee (Raptorsales)and they will do Courtesy Delivery. I don't know where they are at with pricing now. They had a small markup in November.

Last edited:

orlandotommy

Reaction score
Just got mine today, minus the tailstep... Almost all dealers in Orlando have only a 5K markup, and I thought that was bad... There are a bunch of leads at Mullinax Ford in Orlando... Good luck, I paid 76K out the door fully loaded! 47f952a8d6861dc4030302c76b481fb0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

dsfife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rogers ford in Midland, TX posted they had a leadfoot 2 days ago