Need help. Truck wont start. Just cranks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.

So my truck has been having problems starting.

I turn the key, it cranks like normal but does not fire up.

I had it towed to a ford dealer, they replaced the fuel pump. One week later, its doing it again.

Im assuming its probably just the fuel pump again but I really dont want to get it towed to the dealer again. The first time I got it towed, it cost a lot of money and they ****** up my steering.

Any ideas to get it started so I can drive it to the dealer? Its such an odd issue, if its not the fuel pump, Id guess its computer or electronic related.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you still have a fuse 27, that’s a no no for the dealer not offering the relocation kit and getting it done at the same time as your fuel pump! Buy the kit and do it yourself if you can.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yea it was the fuse. Im not even sure they bothered looking at it. I feel pretty dumb rn but thanks a lot gentlemen.
Don't feel dumb, just think about how stupid the techs are that didn't bother to check the most obvious problem. As a few have mentioned get the kit and get it done, don't keep changing the fuse over and over again, it will bite you.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't feel dumb, just think about how stupid the techs are that didn't bother to check the most obvious problem. As a few have mentioned get the kit and get it done, don't keep changing the fuse over and over again, it will bite you.
My guess would be they verified it had 12V at the fuel pump connector KOEO, but because of the high resistance from the damaged fuse and junction box, there wasn't sufficient amperage to power the pump. So they threw a pump at it and got lucky enough to get it to run once the engine compartment cooled down. This is why a basic preliminary inspection is so important.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My guess would be they verified it had 12V at the fuel pump connector KOEO, but because of the high resistance from the damaged fuse and junction box, there wasn't sufficient amperage to power the pump. So they threw a pump at it and got lucky enough to get it to run once the engine compartment cooled down. This is why a basic preliminary inspection is so important.
Oh I totally agree they most likely put a new pump in and it wasn’t needed.