6.2 Need help regarding Catalytic converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mehryar

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I have bought my gen 1 about a month ago from Utah. The truck has long tube headers and Magnaflow muffler.
I live in California and regulations are very strict here.
Now I've been able to buy passenger side catalytic converter (number 1 in the picture), plus used stock exhaust manifolds.
Now I've been looking for the driver-side cat and apparently, it is not available in entire North America and no one knows when they will be.
I have 10 days more to drive the truck before it would be illegal so I'm in a pickle for sure and getting really nervous.

Can anyone please point me out in the right direction?
Is there any place I can buy a stock used cat for driver side (2 in the picture)?

Thank you guys so much in advance.

f20de0be1c7ae6b4269639e1eef5a02b.png

Last edited:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score

You can look up approved aftermarket stuff at the link if you need to custom build it.

Magnaflow has a direct fit part that is CARB approved on their list. Pricy AF though.

OP
OP
Mehryar

Mehryar

Reaction score
Seems like they have everything
Thanks man. I just sent them an email to see if they have it.
I bought one yesterday from Empire ford of Bedford and they emailed me today saying they don't have it and no one knows when we get them. So I had to cancel.
I have a feeling this might be the case as well. Hopefully not.
I appreciate the help.

OP
OP
Mehryar

Mehryar

Reaction score

You can look up approved aftermarket stuff at the link if you need to custom build it.

Magnaflow has a direct fit part that is CARB approved on their list. Pricy AF though.
Thanks a lot for your response. It's almost triple the price for an OEM though, but good to know that I have a last resort.
Hopefully, I can find an OEM new or used to save some money.

OP
OP
Mehryar

Mehryar

Reaction score
i have all of it... unfortunately i'm in SC...
Damn, I wish I lived closer to you.
Now that I am wishing for something, I wish California wasn't so damn intense on the regulations.
Would have made my life much easier.
Getting the headers out and installing the OEM stuff is gonna cost me so much!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn, I wish I lived closer to you.
Now that I am wishing for something, I wish California wasn't so damn intense on the regulations.
Would have made my life much easier.
Getting the headers out and installing the OEM stuff is gonna cost me so much!
Somebody in California will have the complete exhaust. I left my complete factory exhaust at Outlaw Offroad a decade ago, lol. I have seen people post there's for sale on here, check out the for sale section and also post in there "wanted factory exhaust", might help.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something to keep in mind is the install of the stock manifolds is an 8 hour job at a shop. The motor mount has to be disconnected. If you can install the Magnaflow cats directly on your headers, you would probably pass smog test in CA at most shops, and not have to pay for near as much labor on installation.