Need help on 2019 Oil Filter installation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only issues I have ever had were making sure the gasket has some oil on it, make sure the old one came off with the filter, it never comes off with the filter on my gt500. maybe check the threads on the engine, you can run a thread chaser on them to clean them up just to make sure. I have not had any issues but I have only used Motorcraft filters on mine.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I have trouble trying to get it started which is what the OP maybe referring to.

Hold it as square as you can with a little pressure and while doing so turn it counter clockwise until you hear/feel a click as the is where the lead of the thread is, then turn clockwise to start threading.

Hope the helps.

2ndFord

Reaction score
Headlamp! Trying to do it by feel is super annoying with how deep into the engine you have to reach (if you didn't drop the entire front skid plate). With a headlamp you can actually see where it needs to go....

This advice also doubles in the bedroom if you're also having problems finding where it goes...
Geez this just keeps getting more mean yet more funny. You'd think we were deep in winter where responders have nothing else on which to spend their time. Becoming stabbingly snarky.