Need help on 2019 Oil Filter installation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MGA

Reaction score
Guys, I do not consider myself an idiot though others may disagree. Changing the oil on my 19 SCREW, Fomato valve so not problem draining oil. However it seems it takes forever to get the new oil filter to seat and get it threaded. Obviously I have not discovered the trick over the last 9 oil changes so looking for help on the forum, is there a trick I am missing? Thanks

OP
OP
MGA

MGA

Reaction score
Thanks, but actually had that part down pat! The Ford OEM seem to thread on easier than the Mobil 1 so I guess I will just stick with Motrorcraft moving forward. I have 5 vehicles and just does not seem that it should be so hard on the Raptor every time versus the rest of the family fleet. Seems to turn a 15 minute job into 45 minutes and much cursing each time so was wondering it there were any OTHER insights but do appreciate your response! Thanks again

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Put some new oil on the threads and the seal, idk what else to say, reposition yourself differently when doing the oil filter. I know what you are getting at, so trying to be serious here. I have the same problem on my old stang, because of the orientation of the power steering lines and angle. Try using your finger tips, or just keep trying, maybe tenth time is the lucky one, lol.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but actually had that part down pat! The Ford OEM seem to thread on easier than the Mobil 1 so I guess I will just stick with Motrorcraft moving forward. I have 5 vehicles and just does not seem that it should be so hard on the Raptor every time versus the rest of the family fleet. Seems to turn a 15 minute job into 45 minutes and much cursing each time so was wondering it there were any OTHER insights but do appreciate your response! Thanks again
cmon now, you are supposed to have a smartass response to this.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Headlamp! Trying to do it by feel is super annoying with how deep into the engine you have to reach (if you didn't drop the entire front skid plate). With a headlamp you can actually see where it needs to go....

This advice also doubles in the bedroom if you're also having problems finding where it goes...

Flash1034

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a video from a Ford mechanic on youtube in the recent past which showed a batch of Motorcraft filters with bad threads. You might have one of those. Get a different filter.