Need help Mirror reflector choice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to get rid of the obnoxious orange stripes on my mirrors to keep with the murderedout thing. Can I see pics of the clear and the smoked, please? Or is the lighted version and good? How much of a p.i.t.a is it to swap out? Any reccomendations for what brand to go with or if there is a FRF vendor I can go with? Thank you!

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are easy, IIRC the inner ones (those you can see from the driver seat) just pop out of the housing, pry them out with a plastic pic or trim tool. The ones that face forward require partial disassembly. Go get yourself a can of VHT nightshades, VHT clear, a little 2k and 3k grit sandpaper, pop them out, watch some youtube, apply, sand, polish, reinstall. You can control the darkness level with the VHT product.

OP
OP
MurderedOutSVT

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are easy, IIRC the inner ones (those you can see from the driver seat) just pop out of the housing, pry them out with a plastic pic or trim tool. The ones that face forward require partial disassembly. Go get yourself a can of VHT nightshades, VHT clear, a little 2k and 3k grit sandpaper, pop them out, watch some youtube, apply, sand, polish, reinstall. You can control the darkness level with the VHT product.
I'd recommend getting the smoked signal markers. I bought the sequential ones that match my Morimoto headlights.
Thank you! I'll look into those

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Most people including myself purchased the Ford OEM black blanks. Or you can have Rappy Graphics make you some black wrap with SVT or Raptor on it in your choice of color. I did that too with reflective ruby red on mine.

I tried the aftermarket blinker ones, even a name brand and were junk. I sell them but don’t recommend them. They fail and don’t last especially if you accidentally forget to tuck in your mirrors when off-roading and hit one. Ask me how I know….

Look on YouTube for how to replace the side mirror. Once you do that you will see the screws to remove the rest of it. The scariest part is popping off the mirror, just go slow and don’t break it.