GEN 2 Need help!!!!Gen2 accelerate slow&Exhaust no roaring sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you floor#6-#9
My truck only 8k miles used. Year 2020. I can only saw the exhaust leaking from 2 points,not seriously,and when i send it to dealer i request check the exhaust leaking problem,but they said is normaly,design is like this.
I use KN air filter and just replace it, i think intake is ok.
The greatest feeling was not too much torque feeling when flood pedal,and no exhaust sound. 0-60 mph time around 6.1-6.8 s.
May be the throttle dirty?or turbo not work well?but i didn't have any code.
This is giving me a headache.
Did you open it up and see if there is a nest?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you floor#6-#9
My truck only 8k miles used. Year 2020. I can only saw the exhaust leaking from 2 points,not seriously,and when i send it to dealer i request check the exhaust leaking problem,but they said is normaly,design is like this.
I use KN air filter and just replace it, i think intake is ok.
The greatest feeling was not too much torque feeling when flood pedal,and no exhaust sound. 0-60 mph time around 6.1-6.8 s.
May be the throttle dirty?or turbo not work well?but i didn't have any code.
This is giving me a headache.
Did the truck have a lot of idle hours on it when you purchased it? It’s not likely that the throttle body is dirty at only 8k miles. As previously mentioned, what does the boost gauge read under heavy acceleration? You can also view boost pressure in the center instrument cluster screen under vehicle measurements.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
0-60 is 6.1 seconds? What were you expecting? I never timed mine, but that seems fast to me.
Typical times are low 5’s. But with his description of no power after 4000RPM, I’m not seeing how it would even be in the 6’s.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
what octane fuel?

6’s are possible / likely in high heat or heat soak and / or with 87 octane.

OP
OP
L

leo0807

Reaction score
Did the truck have a lot of idle hours on it when you purchased it? It’s not likely that the throttle body is dirty at only 8k miles. As previously mentioned, what does the boost gauge read under heavy acceleration? You can also view boost pressure in the center instrument cluster screen under vehicle measurements.
What your boost pressure when floor pedal?I will try it today.

OP
OP
L

leo0807

Reaction score
0-60 is 6.1 seconds? What were you expecting? I never timed mine, but that seems fast to me.
I use sport mod,4wd auto,2000rpm launch control,no load.Two 200 lbs guy in truck,one drive,one timing.
The fastest record was 6.1s

OP
OP
L

leo0807

Reaction score
Typical times are low 5’s. But with his description of no power after 4000RPM, I’m not seeing how it would even be in the 6’s.
My problem that it takes a long time to reach to 4000 rpm after floor pedal start.