GEN 2 Need help!!!!Gen2 accelerate slow&Exhaust no roaring sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leo0807

Reaction score
Hey Guys
I found my raptor has some problem recently.

1.accelerate slow.
When i floor pedal,RPM could not get to 4000 rapidly,it will be around 3000 rpm 1 second,and then close to 4000 slowly.The feel like stuffy nose,something block.
At the same time, I don't have any back push, the torque can't be felt.

2.Exhaust no roaring sound after rpm over 4000.

3.It is nothing change after i swith to sport driving mode,just about 200 rpm higher when shifting gears.

I can feel the problem because I drive my friend's raptor,same type,no any modification.It will can go to 4000 rpm rapidly,hard back push and exhaust very thick roar.

After that i send my truck to dealer,5 days later they told me my raptor all good...

If anyone could tell me where is the possible problem,I will be very grateful!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
that sounds like it might not be making boost... does boost gauge indicate it’s doing anything?

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Suggest you also check your CAT. When they fail they can plug up creating a huge exhaust restriction.

does it come apart in large chunks or kind of shatter (for lack of a better term) causing a ‘marbles in a can’ sound? Like the old Bassani catted x pipes.

Because that could definitely whack power.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does it come apart in large chunks or kind of shatter (for lack of a better term) causing a ‘marbles in a can’ sound? Like the old Bassani catted x pipes.

Because that could definitely whack power.
Have seen both! Even seen rust flakes from exhaust pipe plug the intake side of the CAT honeycomb.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I lost a few cats on the Bassani pipes before, they sounded horrible, but my old ’92 Exploder cat just silently failed. It was never fast, but I knew something was up when I could only manage 60mph up hill, WFO.

OP
OP
L

leo0807

Reaction score
Thank you floor#6-#9
My truck only 8k miles used. Year 2020. I can only saw the exhaust leaking from 2 points,not seriously,and when i send it to dealer i request check the exhaust leaking problem,but they said is normaly,design is like this.
I use KN air filter and just replace it, i think intake is ok.
The greatest feeling was not too much torque feeling when flood pedal,and no exhaust sound. 0-60 mph time around 6.1-6.8 s.
May be the throttle dirty?or turbo not work well?but i didn't have any code.
This is giving me a headache.