GEN 1 Need help determining which Headlights I have, Options to upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ericdmiller

Reaction score
Hey there,

New to the forum here, bought a 2014 in White and have been modding it slowly. Looking to upgrade my headlights but struggling to determine which I have and which options I have for upgrading. I've reached out to Dawson at Raptor Retrofit but not sure I want to spend that much. I've attached photos, any help would be appreciated. Leaning towards the Recon options...

20190225_194804.jpg

20190225_194807.jpg

20190225_194824.jpg

20190225_194838.jpg

Sernas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are factory headlights that come on 2013 & 2014s. You might want to look into Morimoto ballasts and bulbs if your looking for better light output.

OP
OP
E

ericdmiller

Reaction score
Those are factory headlights that come on 2013 & 2014s. You might want to look into Morimoto ballasts and bulbs if your looking for better light output.

Thanks, how do I determine which of the Recon options are compatible with my current headlights? Are these projectors or HIDs?

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are both- projectors with a HID lamp.

Nothing Recon makes will be better than what you have from Ford.

The only thing you can do to improve on it is to crack open the housings (or buy aftermarket housing and crack them open) and put in a top end aftermarket projector, and/or upgrade to a 55W HID kit in place of the stock 35W lamps and ballasts.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree on the above posts and to stay away from recon. Everything I’ve bought from them hasn’t lasted more than a few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ What these guys said, those OEM headlights are pretty stout from the factory (sit in a halogen truck at night & you'll "see" what I mean - heh !). Looks like you've got aftermarket fogs and a lightbar already too - you headed to Baja or something?

Could always go w/ A-pillar/hood mounted spotlights if you need more light. Either that or schedule an appointment with your local optometrist...? LOL