Need Help! Dealer has had Truck for almost 2 months, still can’t figure out problem.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Wilbur

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here the deal I was a 3x master tech for 30yrs dealers as well as race shops and independent repair,then owning my own shop, most techs suck when it comes down to having to do diagnostics on wiring etc, they can do simple stuff even dealer Techs aren’t great ,it’s why they have to have those tech lines unlike regular repair shops where we work on every brand and everything with a engine ,dealers get good at one thing maybe a handful if that’s all they have done ,if I was you I would call around to a shop that specializes in electrical repairs, back in the day I used to go to dealers and other shops after hrs and fix stuff they couldn’t before the internet etc…
If they can not figure it out in a couple days they aren’t ever going to it will sit and the tech will go back to it when he is bored or forced to do it ..
If you were paying cash they would be on it none stop but warranty work has a time/hr limit …
My guess is the harness it messed up if it has water in it but again I’m just guessing I’d go grab a few relays and some jumpers and make sure everything worked with direct current and slowly back track from each component until you find the common lack of contact be it power ground ,or lack of signal…
Good luck I know it’s not much but I hope it helps ,if I was around I’d come help ya …
I did actually think about taking it to an Independent shop and just paying for it myself. But I should not have to do that on a 2019 truck. Funny thing is it came with a 7y/100k warranty but at this point I could care less if this is how it's gonna be each time it has a problem.

OP
OP
Wilbur

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update to this story: The truck is fixed and I picked it up this morning!

Want to thank everyone for their suggestions. Big thanks to @FordTechOne for the field engineer suggestion. According to the invoice it was a "bad pin fit at the BCM". The dealer was super apologetic and thanked me for my patience. If anything I'm more upset with Ford Customer Care for hardly ever returning my calls/emails. Could've just been my case agent tho.

Gonna give it a week or two to make sure everything is right and then I'm finally installing @GooseTuned that I ordered on July 4th!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Man that is the best possible outcome. Lesson learned. I thought this was going to be much more of a dogfight. Glad you’re back in the Rap!

Joey RAp

Reaction score
The best option have the dealer contact Ford and tell them it can’t be fixed and it’s a factory issue, they will change the truck.

OP
OP
Wilbur

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best option have the dealer contact Ford and tell them it can’t be fixed and it’s a factory issue, they will change the truck.
I thought that only applies if you're the first owner? I bought the truck used with 19k miles, and I didn't buy it from the dealer that was fixing it.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
I thought that only applies if you're the first owner? I bought the truck used with 19k miles, and I didn't buy it from the dealer that was fixing it.
In Florida, if the vehicle is transferred from directly from one consumer to another, it is covered for 24 months from first sale. Sounds like if you purchase used from a dealer, it does not qualify.

Glad you got it fixed.

Joey RAp

Reaction score
Sorry your in this situation, definitely get a lawyer. What do they expect you to do when they can’t resolve this issue, wait for ever.