Need Help! Dealer has had Truck for almost 2 months, still can’t figure out problem.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Trade it in. I’ve traded in 3 Gen2 Raptors and 7 Porsches and every one had a sunroof. Never, ever did any dealer check to see if it worked or try any lights.

OP
OP
Wilbur

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would think if those specific circuits quit working that they would check the fuses and check for voltage at the BCM. Did they say there is no power at the BCM? Power sliding rear window work? Aux switches work?
I'm not sure about now with the new BCM, but when I dropped it off the rear sliding window worked. She said the fuses were the first thing they checked.

OP
OP
Wilbur

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trade it in. I’ve traded in 3 Gen2 Raptors and 7 Porsches and every one had a sunroof. Never, ever did any dealer check to see if it worked or try any lights.
Yep, was thinking about this. Just hate to restart my search for a Raptor lol. And I'm sure I'd take a 10K+ hit.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You will take a hit trying to sell it so, leaving it alone is the least preferred option. We’ve seen before that once a repair exceeds the amount Ford authorizes, the stealership then eats the rest of the cost of paying for the repair. While that -shouldn’t- be your problem, it absolutely is because as you’ve seen, it’s in the back, abandoned.

You could try daily updates, but that will just pi$$ the service department off at you. They’re telling you, without saying it out loud, “we don’t know what’s wrong and we can’t fix it”. Get the truck back, start the repair process over. Rat them out to Ford, leave them some negative feedback online where others can see it and move on with life.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, was thinking about this. Just hate to restart my search for a Raptor lol. And I'm sure I'd take a 10K+ hit.
When you speak to customer service, ask that a field engineer be sent to diagnose the issue. Every dealer has one assigned, but if the dealer doesn’t call hotline and request one, they’ll never know that assistance is needed.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When a Ford dealer I was dealing with got my complaints (after a week of no answers) and was told they had a few other complaints with the service manager they FIRED him! Then the new service manager got things done asap for me and the others. But you cant talk to service got to get to the general manager.

Marcelletti17

Reaction score
Contact a lemon law lawyer in your state. My 2018 Gen 2 had a couple issues that kept it in the shop for 50 days. Here in CA, lemon law states that if either your vehicle has the same issue 3 times or it is in the shop for more than 30 days it meets the requirements.

If a lemon law lawyer takes your case, you will win because they don’t take cases they can’t win. I was able to do a buy back with ford where they paid me every penny that was put into the truck minus a little based on mileage when I first took it in for the issues.

When you order a new truck, your dealer can contact their ford rep who then can push your order through much faster than a normal order and it does not hurt the dealer’s allocations.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Contact a lemon law lawyer in your state
He’s not there yet. I’ve been through a LL case too. The fine print counts. From the time the owner initiates suit, the Mfr. has a period of time to respond, then, they can request another crack at fixing the defect. If he signs off, he’s out the $$$ to hire the lawyer or whatever up front money was exchanged unless otherwise negotiated with the mfr. It was not part of my suit, but they failed to remediate so it wasn’t an issue. Next you wait. The wait can be 6 weeks or 15 months or anywhere in between, then they make you a lowball offer, because they have staff counsel on retainer, you’re just hiring someone as needed. They can outwait you. Usually within 30-60 days of the first lowball, a reasonable settlement offer is made and it’s usually close to trial.

There’s no downside to taking @FordTechOne’s advice here. If the FE can’t get it resolved of drive it to resolution, he’s already in touch with C/S.

I’ve expressed my opinion on this already, and still maintain, FE or not, this dealer has busted the budget to fix the truck and didn’t so everything from this point on is going to be like pulling your own teeth because the dealer is coughing up every dollar to look at the truck now, not Ford.

chrisuhl797

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the service manager. Let him know that you're active on the forum and talking to FMC. If he lights a fire under your SA, things will start to happen.
Call ford CS and tell them you want this truck bought back by ford because it can’t be fixed. Truck will be fixed in less than 5 days. Ford hates buy backs. Call Ford CS every day politely and ask what is happening.