Need Audio Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the amount of cubic airspace in the stock B&O sub box?

Has anyone used the storage bin under the rear driver side seat for a sub?

I am currently debating having a custom fiberglass box blown out utilizing the space from the existing stock sub and the storage bins or just trying to find a better shallow mount sub that will fit in the stock box.

Any help is appreciated.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
so you’re talking about a partial rear floor enclosure? not the whole width of the cab. OR are you talking about whacking the small walled off area to usurp for a sub? I’m not sure you could effectively use that area. You also have the amp on that side

if you want behind the seat, shallow mount is the only option, there might be a commonly available enclosure that could replace the current enclosure, but I’m not aware of one. Custom, I did confirm that https://www.mtiacoustics.com can make single/dual sub behind the seat setups.

for 8” the choices I’ve seen so far are kicker and Pioneer. if you step up to a 10” there are some more options but you need a new box enclosure.

OP
OP
Quaesta

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am talking about making an enclosure that uses both the current sub space plus the storage compartment space. Basically it would look like the stock sub box with a tube attached to the bottom.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so you’re talking about a partial rear floor enclosure? not the whole width of the cab. OR are you talking about whacking the small walled off area to usurp for a sub? I’m not sure you could effectively use that area. You also have the amp on that side

if you want behind the seat, shallow mount is the only option, there might be a commonly available enclosure that could replace the current enclosure, but I’m not aware of one. Custom, I did confirm that https://www.mtiacoustics.com can make single/dual sub behind the seat setups.

for 8” the choices I’ve seen so far are kicker and Pioneer. if you step up to a 10” there are some more options but you need a new box enclosure.
Something like this should fit under the seat. I had one of these in my Tremor and was surprised how much bass these put out.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_13628LW3V3/JL-Audio-CP208LG-W3v3.html

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I take it you’re going to add a signal processor, etc.

Go big then. I’d put a 10 inch, shallow mount behind the seat using a better box. I’m not sure you would need the bottom space or if it would make that big of a difference.

OP
OP
Quaesta

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take it you’re going to add a signal processor, etc.

Go big then. I’d put a 10 inch, shallow mount behind the seat using a better box. I’m not sure you would need the bottom space or if it would make that big of a difference.
Yes I plan on replacing the dsp and amp.