Need advice-F250 “Tuscany” from truck folks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BC119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the tremor as an option on literally any F250 nowadays, I'm not sure why anyone would choose anything else for an OEM lifted 3/4-1 ton with a great warranty.

Or buy a Lariat and slap a Carli kit on it, real engineering to back up their changes.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I’d take a hard pass on that and look at a Tremor instead.

If you want towing capacity, why do you want/are talking about a lifted truck? That’s the exact opposite of what you want to tow with.

WTFOT

Reaction score
Run, don’t walk from that truck. Tuscany conversions are complete garbage. Their paint, fabric, and body panel modifications are not even in the realm of meeting OEM durability standards.

We had major issues with their lifted F-250s setting ABS DTCs for steering angle not plausible. Tuscany tried to blame Ford and throw parts and modules, turned out they weren’t torquing their aftermarket drop pitman arms properly, causing a variance between the steering wheel angle and the actual steering linkage. Tuscany didn’t care, still didn’t want to pay for repairs.

These companies throw a bunch of aftermarket products on a truck and try to command a ridiculous markup because they stick their name on it. SCA Performance is another one that butchers up these trucks, they’re all hacks.

My experience was completely different with Tuscany. My 2020 Shelby Baja Raptor is done by Tuscany under license from Shelby. Fit and finish better than my 2020 Raptor in several areas including seat covers hood alignment ETC. In my papers included with the truck was a list of all the alignment corrections made before sending out to me, I was surprised how far the alignment and camber was off from Ford. I'll recognize that the Shelby licensing might create a higher level of scrutiny with quality. As for Ford warranty all is handled by Ford, I asked for screen shots from Oasis showing VIN covered and no exceptions noted. Since the Shelby Baja Raptor does not have a after market supercharger that might play into warranty being less of an issue.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My experience was completely different with Tuscany. My 2020 Shelby Baja Raptor is done by Tuscany under license from Shelby. Fit and finish better than my 2020 Raptor in several areas including seat covers hood alignment ETC. In my papers included with the truck was a list of all the alignment corrections made before sending out to me, I was surprised how far the alignment and camber was off from Ford. I'll recognize that the Shelby licensing might create a higher level of scrutiny with quality. As for Ford warranty all is handled by Ford, I asked for screen shots from Oasis showing VIN covered and no exceptions noted. Since the Shelby Baja Raptor does not have a after market supercharger that might play into warranty being less of an issue.

The alignment needed to be corrected because of the aftermarket parts, not because the factory alignment was not within specifications. Glad yours had good fit and finish, but I’m referring more to the long term durability of their painted components and materials, which are not subject to any OEM standards.

As far as warranty, anything that Tuscany/Shelby has modified is not covered by Ford. That includes the seats, all aftermarket or repainted body panels, all aftermarket or modified suspension components, the wheels and tires, power running boards, etc.

The powertrain warranty is also impacted, because Tuscany installs a tune to increase horsepower to 525 and torque to 610 lb-ft. Therefore any failure that is be attributable to the tuning or increased power output is non-warrantable. That ranges from broken piston ring lands to differential failure. This is the reason that Shelby/Tuscany includes a separate 3yr/36k warranty on their products. However, if you experienced a powertrain related failure at 40k, you’d be out of luck since the Shelby warranty would be expired and Ford doesn’t cover their modifications under the factory 5yr/60k powertrain warranty.

OASIS will not show anything abnormal because Ford doesn’t know what’s been done to the truck. All they know is it rolled out of Dearborn truck as a stock Raptor and was shipped to Shelby/Tuscany.

WTFOT

Reaction score
The alignment needed to be corrected because of the aftermarket parts, not because the factory alignment was not within specifications. Glad yours had good fit and finish, but I’m referring more to the long term durability of their painted components and materials, which are not subject to any OEM standards.

As far as warranty, anything that Tuscany/Shelby has modified is not covered by Ford. That includes the seats, all aftermarket or repainted body panels, all aftermarket or modified suspension components, the wheels and tires, power running boards, etc.

The powertrain warranty is also impacted, because Tuscany installs a tune to increase horsepower to 525 and torque to 610 lb-ft. Therefore any failure that is be attributable to the tuning or increased power output is non-warrantable. That ranges from broken piston ring lands to differential failure. This is the reason that Shelby/Tuscany includes a separate 3yr/36k warranty on their products. However, if you experienced a powertrain related failure at 40k, you’d be out of luck since the Shelby warranty would be expired and Ford doesn’t cover their modifications under the factory 5yr/60k powertrain warranty.

OASIS will not show anything abnormal because Ford doesn’t know what’s been done to the truck. All they know is it rolled out of Dearborn truck as a stock Raptor and was shipped to Shelby/Tuscany.

Good information, thanks. Again my experience was/is positive as this is not my first Shelby. No issue with dealers supporting in both North Texas and now in South Georgia. You likely know better than I do if it has something to do with "Shelby Authorized" dealer vs other Ford dealers.