Need a realtor Dallas/Ft Worth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m a Custom Home Builder in the Dallas TX. Area , people use realtors here when buying a new home from me ? Kinda crazy , not hating on realtors .

raptor556

Reaction score
I’m a Custom Home Builder in the Dallas TX. Area , people use realtors here when buying a new home from me ? Kinda crazy , not hating on realtors .
exactly. and the realtors presence is not only pointless but they end up getting paid for nothing

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
exactly. and the realtors presence is not only pointless but they end up getting paid for nothing

This is laughable. New home builders are pushing for buyers not to have the house inspected. Not saying this is the case with @crc They either will not bring it up or go out of their way to make it difficult for the buyer to have an inspector on the property. Builder tells buyer, "Oh the city inspector has been through the house, you can waste your money on another inspection if you want, but not needed." I have watched these guys spend less than 10 minutes breezing though, turning on a few lights and peeking in the attic if you are lucky. It's a joke. Houses are not like cars rolling off an assembly line. You have dozens of people cobbling stuff together and a few that know what they are doing are hopefully keeping an eye on the rest of them.

Now if you're out in the county a septic inspection is pretty much all that is mandatory. It's still the wild wild west in some areas.

A good agent knows this. This is just one example.

Sure there are some savvy buyers not in the industry that will know what to do, but they are few and far between.

But, there are also some worthless agents. I want one that does a ton of business, not one that happens to drive a Raptor.:eek:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Do the buyers get a lower price if the don't work through a realtor?

Perhaps not the typical case, but I worked with a realtor to buy a used home, looked at a few places, and ended up going for a new home instead, based on realtors recommendation. Would be pretty crappy if I got the realtor out of the deal at that point. And no, new home builder didn't expect me to pay 3% more because I used a realtor.

OP
OP
TrailWhale

TrailWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL

Ok ok.
Look, first off…..I wasn’t looking for a realtor that drives a raptor.
Just figured with the amount of people on this forum SOMEONE either is or knows of a good realtor in the DFW area.
I’ve been in construction most of life (general contractor and electrical contractor, home inspector) and my wife is a realtor of 35 years in Florida. Texas is a different animal compared to FL so we figured getting the opinion of a local person is the way to go. We’ve done it for people moving to florida when we lived there.

I know the ins and outs of home building, what to look for, but finding the right areas to be in is what a good realtor can do for you.

I was simply asking for referrals or references if anyone had one.

crc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is laughable. New home builders are pushing for buyers not to have the house inspected. Not saying this is the case with @crc They either will not bring it up or go out of their way to make it difficult for the buyer to have an inspector on the property. Builder tells buyer, "Oh the city inspector has been through the house, you can waste your money on another inspection if you want, but not needed." I have watched these guys spend less than 10 minutes breezing though, turning on a few lights and peeking in the attic if you are lucky. It's a joke. Houses are not like cars rolling off an assembly line. You have dozens of people cobbling stuff together and a few that know what they are doing are hopefully keeping an eye on the rest of them.

Now if you're out in the county a septic inspection is pretty much all that is mandatory. It's still the wild wild west in some areas.

A good agent knows this. This is just one example.

Sure there are some savvy buyers not in the industry that will know what to do, but they are few and far between.

But, there are also some worthless agents. I want one that does a ton of business, not one that happens to drive a Raptor.:eek:
I’ve never had a agent insist on a inspection , we generally build in City limits and the City inspector does the inspection . I have done homes in the county and I insist that my clients use a third party inspector of their choice , always insist . Again not hating on agents but really not needed in a building new home situation .

crc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the buyers get a lower price if the don't work through a realtor?

Perhaps not the typical case, but I worked with a realtor to buy a used home, looked at a few places, and ended up going for a new home instead, based on realtors recommendation. Would be pretty crappy if I got the realtor out of the deal at that point. And no, new home builder didn't expect me to pay 3% more because I used a realtor.
No the Builder pays the Agents 3% commission . I have on numerous occasions have had the client try and cut the agent out of getting their commission at the end . I tell them I can’t do that because it was already allocated at the start of the project .

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
LOL

Ok ok.
Look, first off…..I wasn’t looking for a realtor that drives a raptor.
Just figured with the amount of people on this forum SOMEONE either is or knows of a good realtor in the DFW area.
I’ve been in construction most of life (general contractor and electrical contractor, home inspector) and my wife is a realtor of 35 years in Florida. Texas is a different animal compared to FL so we figured getting the opinion of a local person is the way to go. We’ve done it for people moving to florida when we lived there.

I know the ins and outs of home building, what to look for, but finding the right areas to be in is what a good realtor can do for you.

I was simply asking for referrals or references if anyone had one.

You will heed our excellence! :33:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No the Builder pays the Agents 3% commission . I have on numerous occasions have had the client try and cut the agent out of getting their commission at the end . I tell them I can’t do that because it was already allocated at the start of the project .

Yes, it was somewhat of a rhetorical question. A different poster was stating that a buyer could get a better deal if they came to home builder without a realtor.

I’ve never had a agent insist on a inspection , we generally build in City limits and the City inspector does the inspection . I have done homes in the county and I insist that my clients use a third party inspector of their choice , always insist . Again not hating on agents but really not needed in a building new home situation .

Eh, I want the inspector to tell me some things about the house that are within code, but could be an issue in the future or stuff I typically wouldn't notice since I don't know where to look.