Need a realtor Dallas/Ft Worth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrailWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure this is the right spot for this, but I couldn’t find an “off topic” section, so mods please feel free to move if needed

im looking for a full time realtor in the Dallas/ Ft Worth area. Please PM me your info.

thanks!
jason

jdholder

Reaction score
We just bought in Argyle. We used Susan Gilchrest at Ebby Haliday in Southlake. 817-718-1242

Do you know what cities you are really looking in? PM me if you want to chat about our process and why we chose where we chose.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one we absolutely loved a few years ago, I’m in Richardson if you need any info.

raptor556

Reaction score
why do you need a realtor? gotta ask

shit sells itself these days. and paying realtor a fat percentage sucks.

OP
OP
TrailWhale

TrailWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plus these days, realtors don’t always list everything they have or what they have coming available. They are far more knowledgeable on places to live, trends in appreciation in values, and up and coming areas.
They are a great resource when moving somewhere you’ve never lived.

raptor556

Reaction score
A buyer doesn’t pay realtor.
You don't really think that do you?

Just because it ain't up front doesn't mean it's not getting paid.

New home sellers add buyer realtor costs automatically to the price of the home. All these homes go double if you are looking for a new home. Since new home sellers literally have the realtors in their office. Your realtor ends up doing exactly nothing during the process useful and raking in a fat check upon closing.

not showing up with a realtor enables buyers to negotiate on the price.

For existing homes virtually the same thing applies. There is no home seller that does not predict that the buyer will
want them to play closing costs. And along with that big fat realtor percentages.

On top of that. MLS listings are widely available on free websites. Super easy to use.

I see the comment on how useful realtors are. hahahahaha

The illusion is that realtors know anything at all. Their job is to sell, they do that on no matter what you buy.
I love those shows where the home buyer is asking the realtor if they can knock out a wall or something. and the realtor is like yeah you can do that. Uh huh, because they are an engineer too. hahaha

Don't think they have some specialized knowledge of entire metropolitan areas. They don't. Or any knowledge of construction.

They don't list what they have available? what? do you think they make money by not listing what they have?

You do you. But don't believe the hype.

I liken realtor costs to students taking loans. People are like, **** it, because they just see the cost on paper and it's no big deal. Yeah, now pay a 30 year loan on that money.

OP
OP
TrailWhale

TrailWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@raptor556

wow….you really hate realtors don’t you.
bet you’re a ball to go car shopping with.

Realtors ABSOLUTELY have homes that are not listed or are coming available soon. I bought my last home from a realtor that had not listed it yet, but knew it was going to be available. It happens all the time.
A realtor can a good resource for the area and market trends. are all of them good? Definitely not, but that doesn’t make good ones invaluable.

Buyer does not pay the realtors commission, not the selling agent or the buying agent, the seller pays that out of the purchase price/profits when they sell. So yes, you will pay it later but when buying the house you’re not ”mortgaging” that cost.

I do not rely on a realtor for my remodel ideas, I also get a kick out of the HGTV shows and things the realtor says you can do….and for how much. It’s very amusing.

raptor556

Reaction score
@raptor556

wow….you really hate realtors don’t you.
bet you’re a ball to go car shopping with.

Realtors ABSOLUTELY have homes that are not listed or are coming available soon. I bought my last home from a realtor that had not listed it yet, but knew it was going to be available. It happens all the time.
A realtor can a good resource for the area and market trends. are all of them good? Definitely not, but that doesn’t make good ones invaluable.

Buyer does not pay the realtors commission, not the selling agent or the buying agent, the seller pays that out of the purchase price/profits when they sell. So yes, you will pay it later but when buying the house you’re not ”mortgaging” that cost.

I do not rely on a realtor for my remodel ideas, I also get a kick out of the HGTV shows and things the realtor says you can do….and for how much. It’s very amusing.
Nail on the head.

I put realtors and car dealers in the same basket. worthless predators looking to get paid for little work.
On top of that they don't really care what you buy, as long as you buy they get paid.
Who goes car shopping? hell that stuff is done on email and the phone.

again. you do you homie. If you think that sellers don't mark up specifically because ALL buyers ask for closings costs then you are a fool. Well except for me, because I know that you can find 99% of the listings on free sites like realtor.com, zillow, trulia and on and on.

And yeah, most people roll all the costs into their mortgage.

Won't get into why or how. But I've seen hundreds of people paying those costs completely unnecessarily.

The problem with the business of realtors is it used to be necessary. You didn't have a choice but go to them, used to be the same with buying cars by ads in the paper. But that got phased out with the advent of the internet and online sites. realtors are outdated in the vast majority of cases. It has just been ingrained in society that you need to have one.

done with this conversation. have fun with those fees

Last edited: