Need a realtor Dallas/Ft Worth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Once upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away...

I did residential electrical work for a few years. I like to think I have pretty keen eye for what will be a problem or potential problem soon or down the road in a house, but I’ve definitely had realtors point stuff out I missed.

New and or custom home means absolutely nothing, no matter how ethical, upstanding and honest the builder might be, his sub contractors may not be.

I was in a walk through fixing stuff on the punch out list when an inspector came into a new home just being readied for the builder. He place a ball in the center of the kitchen and it fell immediately to one side. He failed the structural inspection on the spot. The builder was apoplectic. Concrete guys I believe were at fault but they ended up having to jack up one side of the house and shore it up.

I got called to another new (custom) home and found my shop foreman in the basement stairway. He was never onsite so I quipped “Archie, what’s going on?” Saying nothing, he grabbed a lightbulb, placed the end on to a duct and the bulb lit up. The entire duct system got electrified, shocking the daylights out of someone. Thank Mr. Duct.

Due respect and not pointing anything at you @crc but stuff happens.

crc

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I did residential electrical work for a few years. I like to think I have pretty keen eye for what will be a problem or potential problem soon or down the road in a house, but I’ve definitely had realtors point stuff out I missed.

New and or custom home means absolutely nothing, no matter how ethical, upstanding and honest the builder might be, his sub contractors may not be.

I was in a walk through fixing stuff on the punch out list when an inspector came into a new home just being readied for the builder. He place a ball in the center of the kitchen and it fell immediately to one side. He failed the structural inspection on the spot. The builder was apoplectic. Concrete guys I believe were at fault but they ended up having to jack up one side of the house and shore it up.

I got called to another new (custom) home and found my shop foreman in the basement stairway. He was never onsite so I quipped “Archie, what’s going on?” Saying nothing, he grabbed a lightbulb, placed the end on to a duct and the bulb lit up. The entire duct system got electrified, shocking the daylights out of someone. Thank Mr. Duct.

I agree stuff happens , all you have to do is read this site to know that . I read daily about people getting their Raptors and the problems they encounter. I‘m sure there are bad builders and bad realtors out there .

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score

Cause and effect. All recent new construction or pre-drywall inspection photos. I have tons of worse ones but would have to dig them up.

capture4.jpgcapture.jpgcapture2.jpgcapture3.jpgcapture.jpg