Need a little help, guys. Truck is running weird.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Stingray23

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
did you force the throttle relearn procedure? either by resetting keep alive memory or disconnecting battery for 30 minutes or so... i have a S&B intake as well and recall the instructions advising you to do so... i know the sct tuner devices let you clear KAM... if you google throttle relearn procedure it is pretty straightforward...
This it?

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would do 30, again, if you have a handheld tuner, it may be to do a KAM Reset, which forces all the learned stuff to dump... But yes, disconnect the battery and wait, disconnect and do something else for a while... If you Google throttle relearn you'll find a few videos, you let it idle for a good long while, 15-20 minutes so it learns idle settings... The you go drive, easy, don't romp on it, drive normal in D not M so it can relearn shifts... Stop and go and highway... I normally drive around for 20-30 minutes or so, then it should be good to go... If you can datalog, you can stop the idle process once the actual throttle position stabilizes at a idle value....

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the neg battery wire disconnected, if you have a jumper wire, you can short the connected positive terminal to the DISCONNECTED neg battery cable, this causes the capacitors that keep KAM alive to discharge... Then it only takes 3-5 minutes to reset KAM... If you do this without disconnecting the neg battery cable first, then your welding...

OP
OP
Stingray23

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, just got back from trying this. I disconnected the neg. battery wire for 30 min. Reconnected and started the truck. Let it idle and come up to temp for 15 min. Did the whole idle thing with the AC and then drove off for 30 min(about 15 miles) I noticed it smoothing out on my way back home. I drove like I normally do and I did a couple of WOT and it appears the shuddering has disappeared. Its much smoother than before. MPG was also much better( I reset the MPG to see a difference) I will be driving it to work tomorrow which will involve 25 min. highway driving. I will know much better then. Thanks for all your help.

OP
OP
Stingray23

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, just got back from work. The truck still shudders on the highway. Very weird. Almost like the driveshaft is vibrating or caught. Around town, its fine. I think I'm gonna remove it.

OP
OP
Stingray23

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you guys think my MAFS needs a cleaning? Could that be the issue? I have a can of CRC MAFS cleaner. Can I just spray the entire sensor with it? Gonna try it out tomorrow and see if it make a difference. If not, the OEM intake is going back on. Shame.