Need a little help, guys. Truck is running weird.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I have a 2012 Scab with only 57k miles on it. Its been flawless for the 9.5 yrs that I've owned it until about 2 weeks ago. I installed a S&B intake and the following day when I drove to work, I noticed a "bogging" or a "studder" while accelerating. Its not all the time. Happens when I accelerate a bit briskly. As if power is cut off. I did the install correctly and triple checked everything. I've never had this issue until now. At times, it doesnt even appear and other times, its a bit scary, especially while on the highway doing 70 going to work. I hope you guys can help me out. Its got me perplexed with what it could be. I hope its nothing serious.

nipplesNchowder

Reaction score
Does that specific S&B intake have any mechanical flaps on it that swing in when they pull air? The one on my 2016 Cummins did and it would stick shut and deprive the engine of air.

OP
OP
Stingray23

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does that specific S&B intake have any mechanical flaps on it that swing in when they pull air? The one on my 2016 Cummins did and it would stick shut and deprive the engine of air.

No, its your typical intake with a snorkel attachment that goes into the fender cutout like stock

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does that filter/intake use an oil substance on it? Probably should clean your maf sensor. May as well clean your throttle body while you are at it. I just recently had my oem intake all apart and there was a sticky oily residue downstream of the maf sensor, probably from the pvc. Also thinking if you are running a sock over that filter, it’s going to restrict air. The oem system is a cold air intake from the factory. Good luck, hope you’re successful in fixing it.

OP
OP
Stingray23

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does that filter/intake use an oil substance on it? Probably should clean your maf sensor. May as well clean your throttle body while you are at it. I just recently had my oem intake all apart and there was a sticky oily residue downstream of the maf sensor, probably from the pvc. Also thinking if you are running a sock over that filter, it’s going to restrict air. The oem system is a cold air intake from the factory. Good luck, hope you’re successful in fixing it.
I had installed a drop-in K&N filter in the stock intake many years ago with zero issues. That was oiled. I ordered the oiled filter from S&B. No sock. The sensor was dry and clean, same for the throttle body.

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you force the throttle relearn procedure? either by resetting keep alive memory or disconnecting battery for 30 minutes or so... i have a S&B intake as well and recall the instructions advising you to do so... i know the sct tuner devices let you clear KAM... if you google throttle relearn procedure it is pretty straightforward...

OP
OP
Stingray23

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
did you force the throttle relearn procedure? either by resetting keep alive memory or disconnecting battery for 30 minutes or so... i have a S&B intake as well and recall the instructions advising you to do so... i know the sct tuner devices let you clear KAM... if you google throttle relearn procedure it is pretty straightforward...
I must've overlooked that. I'll take a look now. Thanks.