Need a better snatch strap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
And just to clarify and reiterate...

The Smittybilt CC330 is a recovery strap...not a "snatch" or "kinetic" rope. It is designed more for towing...NOT designed for jerking a stuck vehicle free.

It really makes all the difference to have the rebound engineered into the rope or strap when jerking a vehicle free. Takes the load off from the tow vehicle significantly.

Much too dangerous to have straps breaking with heavy metal shackles potentially flying through the air. How not to do it:

Tow Rope Kills Virginia Man | Northland's NewsCenter: News, Weather, Sports | NBC, CBS, MyNetworkTV, and The CW for Duluth MN / Superior WI | Local News

Tow Rope That Killed Teenager Addison Yates Went 'Like Slingshot'

YouTube - Recovery rope snapped dangerous

YouTube - Uncle Freds army truck breaks a tow rope and sends the tow hook through his tail gate

YouTube - tow rope break

YouTube - GK almost gets head taken off

YouTube - winch cable snapping and hits me in face

Sorry for the overdramatic...but just want everyone to stay safe.

BFR, thanks for the clarification on the Shittybilt. I wasn't very clear that what I had was NOT a kinetic rope or snatch strap. That is what I want and am starting my search for.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of great options out there...stay safe.

Some of those videos reminded me why I'm going with synthetic winch line too...not nearly the slingshot effect.

justthebest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bubba Rope. They coat their ropes with a rubber-like compound that supposedly resists the dirt / sand slicing effect.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Would you recommend a 20' or 30' strap? I need to buy one soon, and am not experienced in vehicle recovery. And additionally, what's the best way to attach to a Raptor...just a D-ring?

Last edited:

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Droid - get several different lengths. There may be times where you need a short distance one (10-15') to overcome angles or obstacles. When more length is needed, just shackle 2 or 3 together.
And shackles (I was brought up calling them "clevis") are the best connection to your truck, and others.
byezgNNn4gn_IPn3zA_k1qsn1LFlcSq_uQRit3hN9xqItH-Otg.jpg

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Ok, I think I'm going to try a 30' Bubba Rope. They have (1) Bubba - 28,6K lbs - $129 (2) Big Bubba - 52,3K lbs - $225 (3) Jumbo Bubba - 74K lbs - $325

Which one should I get to carry in the Raptor?

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 30' kinetic rope that was custom made here where I live. Its the same rope all the Ranch Hands use on the King Ranch (not the truck, the actual ranch, lol)...

Its white, wrapped kevlar loops, 40,000 capacity... never had an issue... I paid $125...

You can get em in any length you can afford, 30 seems to work best in my F250.... with the Raptor a 25-30ft CAN fit under the rear seat, but thats about it. not much storage in a Raptor.

Maybe someone can work together a group deal and I'll sell the idea to my contact down here for a better price?..