Navigation Update v5.1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I took a short road trip this weekend (2.5 hrs) and noticed the navigation had lots of issues. My version is v4.1 on a December 2011 built 2012 model year. Ford released v5.1 a couple months after I received my truck (Jan 9, 2012).

For instance, the navigation will tell me to bear right when I actually should bear left (it even shows the proper direction on the screen and vice-versa. I've had this issue since I got the truck. Does anyone know if I can get a free update? I've told my dealer the issues and I know that if I take it to them, they'll just **** around and give me the run around as ALWAYS. I have been there at least 5 times since I got the truck.

Also, a new issue I experienced was that the nav would tell me to turn the wrong way on a one way street. Now, I was not driving in unmapped areas. I was driving in the 2nd largest city in GA.

I have contacted my service rep, Ford, navteq, my salesman, etc. and they all give me the same runaround. I asked Randy a while back, and he said that the dealer would be able to update it for me if I was having issues. I'm just getting tired of the runaround. Any help is appreciated.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah i have yet to figure out how to go from 4.1.x to the newer 5.x software version.

GP@PPG

Reaction score
Dayum, hate hearing that! Hey, I wish I could provide any REAL help, just not familiar
You have plenty of warranty left right? Let the dealer fix it on their dime! You paid for the warranty when you bought it! Use it is my opinion.....and findings

Kamena302

Banned
Reaction score
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in an empty pile of brass. My biggest fear running out of ammo

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in an empty pile of brass. My biggest fear running out of ammo

What?

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score

I found it to be an interesting quote - as it was posted by a spammer in Pakistan.