Navigation on dash cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So when I first got my truck, when I was using Waze via Android Auto, when a turn was approaching an arrow with the distance to the turn would appear in the speedo cluster. All the time at the very top of the dash was the distance to the next turn.

Neither of these things are happening now. Not sure if it is something with the Sync system, or something with Android Auto. Anyone know what is going on?

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it has to be on the driver assist screen - I have been getting dimming fits constantly. Dims..brightens..dims...brightens

LennyMoe

Reaction score
Have you tried Google Maps on Android Auto? Not saying you should use that over Waze, but I have no issues when I use GMaps...maybe it's a Waze issue?

OP
OP
ganooch

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, have some things to try. Will try driver assist screen. Will also try Google Maps, but then how will I know where the fuzz is?

Waze tells me where the cops are so I can turn off my baja exhaust and my low powered off-road fogs on Aux1, as well as put my road beer in the 17th cup holder.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, have some things to try. Will try driver assist screen. Will also try Google Maps, but then how will I know where the fuzz is?

Waze tells me where the cops are so I can turn off my baja exhaust and my low powered off-road fogs on Aux1, as well as put my road beer in the 17th cup holder.
God I wish I had these kind of problems right now

Neil Casa

Reaction score
If you are actually navigating with Google Maps, it will tell you where the active speed traps are. Since Google owns waze, I think that they share some of that info.

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I played with various combos of Google maps and Waze via Apple car play and the built in NAV and it didn’t seem to me there was any rhyme or reason when the turn screen would come up. I looked through all the settings and never found anything either.

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I navigate with Google map on Apple car play because after they took over Waze it likes to not work half the damn time... I’ve never seen any indicators in my cluster for distance or upcoming turns since day one.... guess I should play with the cluster screens some and see.