NAVIGATION - Instruction Has Begun

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
First- Thank you to everyone that contributes to the FRF, whether it’s a just a laugh for the day, or Tech info/Mods info that I have No Idea what you’re talking about I enjoy it All.
Second-For all you Modifications Addicts(every Raptor Owner) that cause me to buy MORE SH>€T, Please contribute to my “ John is now Homeless Fund”

**Third-I’ve been on the FRF a short time and have learned a lot, I would like to “Pay it Forward” and share some Navigation Tips that I have Learned over 40 years of Navigating if anyone is interested I will share what I’ve learned and encourage others to offer their Tips.

**Why U Should Give A F<}#K about anything I have to offer??
One of the First things I learned as an Instructor was You have to give the troops, a reason to listen.
I have found that Many people don’t “TAKE THE DIRT PATH” whether it be by 4x4 or 2Leg Drive, because of their fear of getting lost. It’s a very legitimate concern, if you’ve ever been lost, it’s a bad feeling! I can teach you how to overcome that..
I was an Honor Graduate from the Army’s Pathfinder School at Ft Benning, GA. I taught Land Navigation for the Army for about 25yrs and I have NEVER BEEN LOST, I have however BEEN TEMPORARILY MIS-ORIENTED ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS!!

If you are interested, please let me know here. Otherwise I won’t waist anymore of your valuable time or mine. After all,,,After instructing for 40 years, No one likes to hear themselves talk more than me ..;) :)

500B8663-FB50-4BF5-97C5-CD2EACDEBF25.jpeg

5DA53957-C976-456D-A692-093423A37A76.jpeg

E7802BA2-FBD3-487B-B66E-AF423828FD0A.jpeg

5546A385-A9FF-47DA-A0C5-E548CA3CCC09.jpeg

7E6AE453-6160-4AC0-824B-17771BDE4E5B.jpeg

Raptor 2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would enjoy reading your writeup - Always nice to learn from someone else experiences. Iv'e never been lost either but was miss directed for about 2 days when I was a kid hiking in Alaska.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
it is actually a bit shocking that most folks don't know how to read a topo map/landmarks to figure out where they are when away from civilization.

I have been yelled at over the radio for "going off course" while on a run because I took a different trail that met up with the "marked" trail on the GPS a few miles further. ( because I really am not a fan of rock crawling a skinny trail in a wide 2wd prerunner and wanted to skip that section)