NAV voice command not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsflv

Reaction score
The dealer just replaced the APIM on my 2018 Raptor to fix a bluetooth issue. When I push the voice command button, there is no longer a navigation option to "Find an Address." Voice command does not recognize any navigation phrases. I did a master reset and nav voice command is still missing. My dealer is looking into this, but any suggestions in the meantime? Is there a forscan setting I can change? Thanks.

Merman

Reaction score
I seem to have a similar or same issue. Ive only had the truck for a few months so i am still getting used to the quirks. I just thought I was doing something wrong but mine doesnt recognize verbal destination commands either.

OP
OP
R

rsflv

Reaction score
After you press voice command, did you say “navigation” first?
Yes, I tried navigation, find an address, and a few others words, but none work. Previously, after I pushed the voice command button, there was a "Find an Address" option on the screen, but now there are just options for radio stations, making a call, and a couple other things. When the dealer reprogrammed the new APIM, they must not have added navigation, so the system thinks I don't have navigation.

OP
OP
R

rsflv

Reaction score
I took the truck back to the dealer. Here are details from their service summary in case it helps anybody. They found internal fail code U3000:04. They then checked for preform APIM firmware update, updated to Sync version 20204, and performed master reset, but these did not resolve the problem. They checked WSM A-1 to A-23 and got a repair vailidation code. Based on this they replaced with another APIM and problem solved. The first replacement APIM must have been bad.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
good news they have an action plan, let’s hope the repair is successful