Nav update / Sync issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Motorman

Reaction score
Asked about a Nav update at the dealer, wanted $150 to order a flashdrive. Found a Nav update for my 2019 802A on the Ford website for $40. Any experience with this type of update?
my Sync stopped following commands with an iPod plugged in to the USB. the Sync tech says I need a new Sync module.
any insight / advice is appreciated.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’d get the sync module first. I’ve not paid for the map update; I did the bootleg sync 3.4 update which gave me years newer maps. I might consider it later but honestly my ’20 Lincoln navigates me inaccurately as often as my ’17 Rap. None of the mapping vendors have a corner on the market on accuracy. If I find I’m being routed incorrectly - think construction area, etc. or it doesn’t look right, I switch to the phone and be done with it. It’s rare that more than one of them is wrong.

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have both a 2020 Lincoln Nautilus and a 2020 Raptor scab. I keep SYNC updated via web on both. We didn't have reliable enough router signal until recently and I used to use a thumb drive-a real pain especially since they seem to have updates weekly. Either way the nav seems to be such a pain we just use our phones.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
We have both a 2020 Lincoln Nautilus and a 2020 Raptor scab. I keep SYNC updated via web on both. We didn't have reliable enough router signal until recently and I used to use a thumb drive-a real pain especially since they seem to have updates weekly. Either way the nav seems to be such a pain we just use our phones.

I find the ’18 and ’20 map sets I have to be pretty accurate, and in some cases more so. The only thing that is getting them is recent construction. OTOH, last year I chose to waze my way to the San Antonio airport and waze F*cked that all up, taking me to the TSA HQ building on the back side of the airport.

None of them are perfect.