nav-tv front camera/vim bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M3NNIS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow this is long thread. Is this a group buy for nav tv happening? got my new truck need some overide happening.

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been putting it off for months now, but I finally installed my Nav-TV.

Two reasons I was hesitant about installing it were: the lack of detailed instructions that came with the unit; and the possibility I would need a tool or something else when my console was disassembled. (I anticipated a trip to the hardware store by bus). But I could not stand being without it any longer. I really wanted the ability to enter nav information while driving, and I am a terrible judge at parking distance, I really wanted that front camera for parking.

Assuming things might not go smoothly, I set aside a full weekend (this one) to do the task. I was very careful to be sure I had more than enough tools, electrical connectors, electrical tape, magnetic metric set, etc.

To be sure I knew the procedure, I read the instructions very carefully and watched a few YouTube videos. Great thanks to Noah's videos, these were excellent, I don't think I could have done it without them. Thanks Noah!!!!

After a trip to Home Depot, I had everything I needed to start. I started about 11:00 and quickly ran into some differences between the video and the instruction manual. One video did not show removing the airbag, but the instructions said it was needed, which it was. So the procedure I followed was a mix of the video steps and the instructions.

I ran into two problems. I loosened the instrument cluster bezel enough, but did not fully remove it, and left it hanging. However, when I plugged the unit in, the steering wheel moved inward and almost cracked the bezel. The second problem was minor. You need to run two wires into engine area to tap the front camera. The rubber grommet was an odd thing, almost like a ball. So it is difficult to cut it and pass the wires through. For the time being, I just went around it without cutting. I will need to fix this better tomorrow.

I finally took it for a test drive, and everything worked as advertised. I was able to enter nav items while driving and it was fun switching between the front and rear cameras. I have the Road Armor front bumper, and I could read the letters from the wide angle lens of the front camera. Now I will be able to park within an inch of what ever is in front of me.

Again, thanks to Noah and the Car Stereo Company for the help...another mod accomplished.

SchultzLD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interested in the price for the 2012. I'm sure it's in this mass of threads already... but if you could just post it or msg me I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Knight

Reaction score
Same here, Noah. I'm looking to purchase for 2012 and was told to check with you here on this forum.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk