Nav screen not responding to touch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
NAV TV will allow you to turn on front and rear cameras anytime you want. As you know, rear camera only turns on when you are in reverse. Also you can't enter an address in the NAV system when the car is moving. With NAVTV you can.

What is NAVTV?

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NAV TV will allow you to turn on front and rear cameras anytime you want. As you know, rear camera only turns on when you are in reverse. Also you can't enter an address in the NAV system when the car is moving. With NAVTV you can.

OP
OP
J

jmccown

Reaction score
Just wanted to throw an update out here (NOT HAPPY). So I drop my truck off a few days ago to the dealer so they can install my new head unit. At the end of the day I go pick it up and they say it works good now. So I sign the warranty slip, get my keys, go out to my truck and start it up only to find the screen still does not respond. I'm fired up! So I walk back in and tell them it still isn't working and one of the mechanics says yes it does I saw it working earlier. So he says let's go look at it. I give him the keys, he starts the truck up he says "see, it works". I said no, that's not the problem, the screen has always came on it does not respond to touch. He touches the screen and says hmmmmm. It isn't working. No CRAP! So I say didn't you guys put a whole new unit in and he says no we only installed an "APIM Module". I'm furious at this point, blood pressure becoming elevated, so I say you guys told me last week you were going to put a whole new head unit in and even when you called to schedule me in yesterday you told me the new head unit was in for my truck and needed to schedule me in for install. So, a whole day wasted. Back to square one, still no touch screen. To boot, my sliding rear window quit working and they tell me I have to get the entire back window replaced and have a new window motor installed. I swear the people the dealeships hire are simply tire changers, other than that they have no clue.....FIRED UP!

D

Deleted member 12951

Tell Crystal here what you are going through and get her involved. You have an idiot dealer. Ran into the same issue with the one closest to me and now drive further to a more competent dealer.

And do not install a NAV-TV if warranty means anything to you. If you have that hooked up and have more nav issues they could void the warranty on it. Wait for a long time to ensure everything is fixed and working.

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to throw an update out here (NOT HAPPY). So I drop my truck off a few days ago to the dealer so they can install my new head unit. At the end of the day I go pick it up and they say it works good now. So I sign the warranty slip, get my keys, go out to my truck and start it up only to find the screen still does not respond. I'm fired up! So I walk back in and tell them it still isn't working and one of the mechanics says yes it does I saw it working earlier. So he says let's go look at it. I give him the keys, he starts the truck up he says "see, it works". I said no, that's not the problem, the screen has always came on it does not respond to touch. He touches the screen and says hmmmmm. It isn't working. No CRAP! So I say didn't you guys put a whole new unit in and he says no we only installed an "APIM Module". I'm furious at this point, blood pressure becoming elevated, so I say you guys told me last week you were going to put a whole new head unit in and even when you called to schedule me in yesterday you told me the new head unit was in for my truck and needed to schedule me in for install. So, a whole day wasted. Back to square one, still no touch screen. To boot, my sliding rear window quit working and they tell me I have to get the entire back window replaced and have a new window motor installed. I swear the people the dealeships hire are simply tire changers, other than that they have no clue.....FIRED UP!
Please send me a PM with your full name, VIN, current mileage, and dealership information. I'd like to see how I can help.

Kim

OP
OP
J

jmccown

Reaction score
Thanks Kim, sent you a PM. I also have a tick at startup that the dealer says they can't hear. I am going to post up a video soon to get opinions on whether it is normal or not. I have a sense of urgency to get everything I can resolved, because my truck has 34000 miles it is near the end of the BTB warranty piece. I do have a 100k mile extended aftermarket warranty but until I cross that bridge I don't know what to expect.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so annoying not to have heated seats and bluetooth etc....

guessing the dealer wont have a new screen in stock so I will be required to continue to take time out of my day to have this MFT system fixed.....