Nav screen not responding to touch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmccown

Reaction score
Had my raptor for 1 week and it's already having issues with Sync. It is not responding to touch on the nav screen. Can't turn on heated seats, cannot navigate to climate, entertainment, nav controls or iphone controls. I can toggle through media with the steering wheel controls but that's it. I've tried unhooking the negative battery terminal for 15 minutes and no result. Pretty bummed that my 1 week old raptor is already having issues.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do a search for master reset of the sync. When you disconnect the battery it can take as long as 45 minutes or more for the computer to reset and may not do anything for the sync system.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jmccown

Reaction score
There is an update available it appears, but I cannot get the system to respond to be able to upload the updated software. I made an appt. at dealer for tomorrow.

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is an update available it appears, but I cannot get the system to respond to be able to upload the updated software. I made an appt. at dealer for tomorrow.

I'm sure the dealership will take great care of you, jmccown. If you happen to gain functionality of your screen before your appointment, pat247 had a great suggestion. Try performing a master reset by following these steps: How to Perform a Master Reset | MyFord Touch | Ford.com

Keep us in the loop either way.

Kim

OP
OP
J

jmccown

Reaction score
OK, just got back from the dealership, they never could the screen to respond so they decided to just replace the entire head unit. Said it would be a couple of days until the replacement unit would arrive. Hopefully the new unit will be trouble-free.

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, just got back from the dealership, they never could the screen to respond so they decided to just replace the entire head unit. Said it would be a couple of days until the replacement unit would arrive. Hopefully the new unit will be trouble-free.

Time for NAVTV while they have it apart.

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you'll love your Raptor even more when that system is running smoothly again! Let me know how everything goes. :)

Kim