Nav Screen Blacking Out Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This started happening with 3.4, I'd say every other day at this point. Usually when shifting out of reverse into drive. Once just driving while on the phone. Screen just blacks out, radio keeps working. I was able to get it back once by hitting the front camera button, but I had to pull off the road and stop. One time it was completely unresponsive to anything I did. A restart of the vehicle rebooted it.

Now I just hit the power and FWD buttons to reboot it and then it's fine. Anyone else experienced this? Usually happens when CarPlay is plugged in.

I really suspect this is a software issue but it is not easy to repeat since it's so random. Anyone else?

Someone with the exact same issue:

If you read the comments, it's not uncommon.

Rddakota

Reaction score
This started happening with 3.4, I'd say every other day at this point. Usually when shifting out of reverse into drive. Once just driving while on the phone. Screen just blacks out, radio keeps working. I was able to get it back once by hitting the front camera button, but I had to pull off the road and stop. One time it was completely unresponsive to anything I did. A restart of the vehicle rebooted it.

Now I just hit the power and FWD buttons to reboot it and then it's fine. Anyone else experienced this? Usually happens when CarPlay is plugged in.

I really suspect this is a software issue but it is not easy to repeat since it's so random. Anyone else?

Someone with the exact same issue:

If you read the comments, it's not uncommon.
I had the same issue while I was elk hunting last week. I had to reboot (power and FWD) twice to get the screen back. So far it’s been fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gstahl

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is any device plugged in when then happen? CarPlay or android auto?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does this, 2020 with 3.4 from the factory (or at least not touched by me, and purchased new) with Apple Carplay it will frequently go full black screen and become unresponsive as well