Nav played my itunes even after I turned phone off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, seriously.

I left my office this afternoon and had been previously listening to something via my iPhone. Before I walked out of the office I had tuned my iPhone to another Artist, and when I started the truck the Sony system continued to play the Artist I was playing this morning...

Thinking at first I had too much coffee and it just wasn't computing in my mind, I double-checked the iPhone, then looked at the Nav screen, then changed songs on the iPhone (once, twice, 4, 5, 6, 8 times) and it continued to play the songs from this morning...

get this.......fed up, I turned the damn iPhone OFF...... shut down, lights out.

The itunes song I was playing in the am was still playing!! I shit you not.

Thoughts at first were: its buffering somehow, but it will always change tunes immediately when I select a new tune.

I cranked the iPhone back up and it worked flawlessly, allowing me to select different tracks/artists/etc.

W.....T.....F ?? Anyone else see this before?

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
I've been doing a fair amount of bluetooth-related software development lately for work, but don't know much about "A2DP" which is the Bluetooth audio protocol. But just looking it up;

A2DP

I'm just skimming this, but it looks like the music player (phone) is sending the music to the truck as an MPEG (MP3) or AAC audio stream. The truck is likely buffering a bit of extra music to ensure playback in the event of low signal. I don't know how much is buffered, but perhaps it's sending major portions of a song or simply the entire song. So it's not too crazy.

OP
OP
HoustonRider

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been doing a fair amount of bluetooth-related software development lately for work, but don't know much about "A2DP" which is the Bluetooth audio protocol. But just looking it up;

A2DP

I'm just skimming this, but it looks like the music player (phone) is sending the music to the truck as an MPEG (MP3) or AAC audio stream. The truck is likely buffering a bit of extra music to ensure playback in the event of low signal. I don't know how much is buffered, but perhaps it's sending major portions of a song or simply the entire song. So it's not too crazy.

Well, that was my first thought as well, but I found it odd it wouldn't allow me to change songs. Usually I can speed thru songs and change em even half way thru.

I can tell you I have experienced more weird shit with the bluetooth/nav in this truck than I have in 2 other Fords and 3 Mercedes all with Bluetooth connectivity and Nav.

An update is coming, hopefully covers all these freaky issues.