Name brand wheels for way below cost on eBay, what's up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mstennes

Reaction score
So my son shows me some eBay auctions for name brand wheels, and my first thought is stolen, or rejects. What is the deal? Their below wholesale, I get mine from Les Schwab, a little more $$ but way better service and warranty, plus a good friend is the regional manager. Even he said something is up, like blems, not able to pass a inspection, etc. Does anybody here know how or why?

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few deals. Some auctions have a bottom limit, others are used and some are chipped or scratched. Check the ratings of the seller, check the item description and whatnot. I know a lot of websites offer incredible deals on wheel and tire sets.

Mainly focus on seller ratings and ask them questions about the items if you are concerned. If you get them and they are wrong then return them, say the description wasn't accurate and the product was wrong. I have done so before on another item. eBay is very good about the returns process.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most likely they are Chinese counterfeits. Yes, I know the originals are likely produced in China as well, doesn't mean they are the same.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a cheap set of wheels and tires. Never heard of the wheel brand and that tire brand is cheap as hell

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As a guy who live in Les Schwab land as well, they are highly overpriced. Their typical margin is 40% but you get top notch service. If you ever have any questions about pricing, warranty or what have you, call me or shoot me a PM.

As for that package, Mug Hog's are very cheap. That size is less than $100 per tire wholesale. I also won't sell them due to quality. They ride like crap, balance like crap and hum louder than mcconaughey in Wolf Of Wall Street lol. If I were to sell that package, I'd be at $1120 before shipping.

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As a guy who live in Les Schwab land as well, they are highly overpriced. Their typical margin is 40% but you get top notch service. If you ever have any questions about pricing, warranty or what have you, call me or shoot me a PM.

As for that package, Mug Hog's are very cheap. That size is less than $100 per tire wholesale. I also won't sell them due to quality. They ride like crap, balance like crap and hum louder than mcconaughey in Wolf Of Wall Street lol. If I were to sell that package, I'd be at $1120 before shipping.

this guy liked em
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f25/new-tires-pics-review-kanati-mud-hog-37455/