Mystery Rubber Cap from Rear door Panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Harrington

Reaction score
Removed the right rear door panel and this dropped out on the floor. Anyone have an idea were it belongs?

Attachments

• 20221009_123002.jpg
    20221009_123002.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
J

John Harrington

Reaction score
I may be wrong but I believe it lives here. When I took the other side off it fell out the same way. It appears to provide extra isolation to prevent possible rattles. Door panel installs back with no issues with it placed on this small x plastic mounting point. It appear that the round tip just touches the inner aluminum of the door frame.

Attachments

• 20221009_152432.jpg
    20221009_152432.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

ReconReggie19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removed the right rear door panel and this dropped out on the floor. Anyone have an idea were it belongs?
Thanks for asking this question, I took my door panel off a few weeks ago and recently saw that laying under the truck. Wasn't sure where it came from, now I know.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may be wrong but I believe it lives here. When I took the other side off it fell out the same way. It appears to provide extra isolation to prevent possible rattles. Door panel installs back with no issues with it placed on this small x plastic mounting point. It appear that the round tip just touches the inner aluminum of the door frame.
The mystery of the nubbin has been solved