MyFord Touch Upgraded SYNC Voice-Control System - Good News!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good news!

According to MyFord magazine (you should start receiving it if you haven't already), "any of the 2 million drivers already familiar with SYNC will appreciate the MyFord Touch upgraded SYNC voice-control system. One benefit of this next generation system: Instead of saying "Phone" and then waiting for the next operation, you can just say, "Call MagicMtnDan at home" and you're instantly connected."

Note: the magazine actually said, "Call Mom at home" but this is MyPost :)

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cool, my wife has that set up in her Enclave through On-star and it works great.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
YES. It will be FREE upgrade for all Raptor owners (perhaps those delivered recently - probably the ones delivered after the software update release - will have it installed at the factory/dealership). If your dealer wants / tries to charge you tell them you will not pay for it.

I just talked to my dealer and he confirmed that it's coming - he got notification of in. He didn't know if we would be able to upgrade it ourselves or if it would be a dealer installed update. I have a hunch it will require a trip to the dealer.

What I'm waiting for and have been looking for online are SYNC HACKS. There's soooo much potential to "hack" the SYNC system and get it to do a lot more. I suspect it's already being done because there is a large installed base of SYNC users. I just haven't found it yet. If you find it please start a thread here with links so we can see what's going on and give input. We have a lot of tech-sters on this forum so I expect you'll all be able to add some value as well.

AuPanda

Reaction score
Not that it means anything but I wrote Ford asking them if MyFord Touch would be am upgradeable option for the 2010 Raptor; this is the response I got:

Art,

Thank you for your email in regards to SYNC.

Unfortunately we do not have any future information on the MYFORD touch.

Sincerely,

Shlinda
Ford Motor Company
SYNC Support Center

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You talked to Shlinda? :D

I got my information on MyFord Touch from the MyFord magazine and from the dealer. I would expect Shlinda at the FMC SYNC Support Center to know this though.