My View Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TOFTS

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Raptor and previously owned a 2014 and a 2017.

Just a couple of days ago I noticed that when I shut the truck off and restart it the Information Screen comes up on the Towing section and if I change it back to MY VIEW everything sis fine until I shut the truck off and restart it then it comes back up to the towing section. I haven't changed anything is any of the sections for over 1-1/2 years and I haven't had a trailer connected in over 4 months. This happens every time with only one exception when it came back up to MY VIEW but no view was selected.

I generally keep the MY view up on the first position with Mileage being shown and it has always defaulted up on this when restarted.

I am wondering if this is a computer issue or possibly a trailer wiring issue.

Any thoughts or previous experiences.

Dr Racecraft

I’ma need about 3.50
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can also try going into the advanced trailer settings and making sure you don’t have a trailer selected, there is a buttons option in there to deselect trailer.

OP
OP
T

TOFTS

Reaction score
I had already checked the connector and a cursory check of wiring but found no corrosion or anything in the connector.

OP
OP
T

TOFTS

Reaction score
I previously checked and checked again to see if it thought a trailer was connected and it shows no trailer connected.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
You can also try going into the advanced trailer settings and making sure you don’t have a trailer selected, there is a buttons option in there to deselect trailer.
The Doc is on target, this happened to my Daughters Expedition. Same exact issue. The baffling thing is she never went in and selected a trailer, but… magically one had been selected and became the default screen. FNING Gremlins. :0

OP
OP
T

TOFTS

Reaction score
The Doc is on target, this happened to my Daughters Expedition. Same exact issue. The baffling thing is she never went in and selected a trailer, but… magically one had been selected and became the default screen. FNING Gremlins. :0
Well I had gone into the trailer section and it showed NO TRAILER SELECTED. In the advanced area I had told it no Trailer selected. There was no change.
I then went in to trailer setup and where it said no trailer selected, I selected one of my trailers and then deselected it and so far it is now defaulting back to My View on the fuel status where I have had it for years.
For now, at least, the problem is solved.
Thanks for the comments and help!