My Unsatisfactory Experience With Morimoto XB Headlights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jp4lsu

Reaction score
what ceramic product did you use? I need to do this now. Mine have been on since early 2023 and the Texas sun is harsh.

OP
OP
PD1744

PD1744

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what ceramic product did you use? I need to do this now. Mine have been on since early 2023 and the Texas sun is harsh.

I like the stuff from Cerakote. Honestly I like their plastic trim wipes better than their headlight wipe. Easier to use and harder to mess up.

jp4lsu

Reaction score
OK, thanks a lot. My trim looks pretty faded. It was already like that before I bought it though. The 303 stuff makes it look better and hopefully protects it more, but I'll try the Cerakote stuff. They make good coatings, at least for guns.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely longer than that! I did my Exploder a couple weeks ago (it was REAAALLLLYYY faded, was a repo from AZ) and it's been out there in direct sunlight since, rained a few times, not getting washed again anytime soon haha!
IMG_6552.JPG
Front wheelwell gives you an idea of what all the plastic cladding looked like before Cerakote (is grocery getter, I'm not treating every square inch heh):
IMG_6553.JPG
Will see how she looks in a few months...

OP
OP
PD1744

PD1744

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get a good year I'd say. To be clear, I prefer the plastic trim wipe ON headlights over the headlight wipe. I'm not telling you to do that, but I've had better luck with it.