My truck was dead this morning and it wasn't the battery.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huggy Bear

Reaction score
The strangest thing happened today. I went to work, and my truck was dead, I mean completely dead. I had zero lights, and my doors wouldn't even unlock. I had to use the key in the keyfob to get into the truck.

Again, ZERO lights on anything. I thought this was strange because even if the battery had died, I should have some power to at least get the dome lights on or the green light on the ignition button.

Naturally, I could jump the truck using my wife's car. I popped the hood, and all the lights turned on as if I had just opened the door. The truck fired right up like nothing was wrong.

Two things to note: I generally don't lock my doors when I park in the garage, and I have it set where the mirrors fold in when I do lock it. The mirrors were in the open position, and it was almost as if the truck locked itself.
Also, I threw my sunglasses in the truck yesterday, and they happened to land on the wireless phone charger. Is it possible that the metal on my sunglasses resting on the wireless charger put the truck in a "safe mode"? I assume that the wireless charger would have no power when the truck shuts off?

Why would releasing the hood unlock the truck to power up? Is there a reason behind this I don't know of, or was this one of those head-scratchers that will never be replicated or happen to anyone else?
there is a programming/computer problem causing this. there is a TSB on it and is an easy fix. happened to me. now they cant find out why the truck has suspension clunking.