My Truck Just Hit The Dealership- Two Questions For The Group

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uscraptor51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of us that do not want to go outside the factory specs on width, do these stick out far? Im concerned with rubbing issues that people talk about with the aftermarket wheels along with having them stick out too far. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I can start a thread with only wheels that meet this spec?
I’ve posted some specs on another thread regarding this. I think this is the “best” solution for a little more poke without getting too crazy. I get about 1 3/8”-1 1/2” to the knobs on the bulge of the tire. The tread sits very close to flush with the fender flares. I have not experienced any rubbing with my current setup with the Methods 309’s and Ridge Grapplers 35/12.5/17.

E0A473C1-3B2E-4F2B-895C-ED5417DA04D0.jpeg

3F57C9E5-A908-497C-80BF-8D37D8C29F13.jpeg

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
My two pennies since my name is Ricardo (Richard en Ingles). The factory wheels are nice and if you plan on off-roading not having any poke will save your paint. My wheels are +6mm and I got road rash on my quarter panels awhile back. I was ceramic coated and able to save my paint as most damage was buffed out. Now I run mudflaps and have some PPF on certain area's.
You should also consider most after market wheels are also a lot lighter. My Icon's are only 26lbs. per wheel and I'm still running the "light" oem BFG's. I'd go aftermarket and wait for things to settle down, you have the latest in greatest that will require top dollar since it's so new. Shoot 19'-20' Beadlocks are still commanding top dollar.

uscraptor51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of us that do not want to go outside the factory specs on width, do these stick out far? Im concerned with rubbing issues that people talk about with the aftermarket wheels along with having them stick out too far. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I can start a thread with only wheels that meet this spec?
No rubbing and personally think the setup with Method’s specifications are the “ideal” offset and stance. A little more than stock, but not too much…it’s a subtle difference/upgrade.