GEN 1 My trip to Hennessy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bull

Bull

Reaction score
Have had mine for 6 months now and still grinning from ear to ear...have not taken it out once that I wasnt stopped and asked questions or,"can I see the Engine"... GF is getting REAL jealous...LOL

Lol, dude the Raptor always gets attention anywhere. It drives my GF nuts also, I just tell her to calm tf down and accept it =)

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, dude the Raptor always gets attention anywhere. It drives my GF nuts also, I just tell her to calm tf down and accept it =)

LMAO..!! FOR SURE...!! and being a "SHELBY"..well,...its too funny...I get all the time "I didnt know THEY made a truck"... and last week someone asked..."Is that your GF's name"....OMG...didnt even tell the real GF that one.But the best,which I put in another post,was being pulled over by State Patrol..78 in a 55...OK,here comes a ticket that could of bought me 3 tanks of gas... :) Trooper gets out,and asks for license and says..."this is a Raptor,huh?".... and walks away..comes back super fast,grin on face.."Today is your lucky day....these things are fast,so you better slow it down"... I grinned back and said,yep,and this one is even faster with a 590HP Whipple SC.....guess he never heard of it and here we are on highway with him asking me all about it....
Of course when I told the GF I was pulled over I get the I TOLD YOU SO....but with tears in my eyes I told her the story and it even got a little grin out of her and a,"Well,it is a pretty truck"...LOL
Gotta love the RAPTOR.>!!
Happy 4th everyone..!!

JefeAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took a tour of the shop however they didn't allow any cameras in the back but I managed to snap a few pics anyways.
Ha, they dont want customers cars on the internet because they are swapping parts from car to car!

John Hennessey threatened to sue me over a post on the Jeep forums in 2006. Quite the read if you have some free time: https://www.cherokeesrt8.com/threads/jeep-srt8-turbo-road-testing.622/#post-5429

That backfired beautifully on him but he didn't have enough fun yet so a few days later John went on the 300C forums and called out the moderators for letting users post real life stories about him and it got real ugly: https://www.300cforums.com/threads/efool-gets-punked-on-his-own-board.21978/

Those two threads had almost 1M views and spread onto numerous other car forums. We also found out that John changed his business name 4 or more times to run from reviews/BBB/lawsuits. Hennessey Performance, Hennessey Motorsports, Hennessey MTR, Hennessey Performance Engineering, etc.

Its a damn shame they are still in business with him at the helm. If only someone could educate the auto manufacturers and overseas customers of his business practices.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First class *************! I feel bad for anyone who has Hennessey vehicles, including my nephew who bought that stupid 6 wheel raptor abortion.
:flipthebird:

Mrjexer

Reaction score
Yea the stories are true unfortunately! I constantly work on my buds 08 Challenger. He had them install a vortech V3!

The belt is always coming off, super charger bolts were loose when i first worked on it, and idler bearing's locking up....

But wow, i didnt know about the name changing....