My Story: 2020 Ford Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrGable27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should help with that, but the big reason I did this was for hooking up a trailer when it’s dark. It really helps with that too.

Oh yeah, absolutely. I used to haul cars/trailers for my brother in laws auto service, and I would always be hooking up trailers in the dark. Such a pain

OP
OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
That reverse light looks perfect there and is exactly what I was looking for. Anything special about how you mounted it in that location? Looks tight getting in there.

Honestly, I don't know. For less than $200 at my favorite accessory shop I bought the light, had it installed, and then had them change how I had my Upfitter Switches set up.

OP
OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
These are using the factory lighting still? They look pretty cool.

Yup- factory lighting. They are just a clear glass (maybe plastic) that sit on top of your cup holder. When the Ambient Light in the cup holder comes on, it just reflects the light through the insert.

OP
OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
March 27th, 2021 will mark the trucks one year birthday with me. In one year I’ve put more miles on this truck than any other vehicle I’ve owned in one year. This truck is the daily driver, family pontoon boat hauler, hunting and backcountry exploring truck, weekend warrior, and long road trip vehicle. I’m still impressed with how comfortable the truck is, as well as the power and fuel economy the EcoPoop delivers.

I have very few bad things to say about the truck, and most of those are very minor (Ford Sync 3 is marginal, and I’d prefer a hard button for the heated steering wheel). I still very much consider myself a Mopar guy at heart, but so far I’m enjoying the affair I’m having with the Ford Raptor.

First dirt road after leaving the showroom floor
4671FABC-18B8-4253-8589-79DAF6B3B764.jpeg

How the truck looks today with a few mods (Tonnau Cover and Exterior Illumination for example)
ADDE6C6B-A87D-4318-91B2-EE569A105985.jpeg

One year mileage
F065313F-DE11-49F8-8B8F-35F3EEEE0CCC.jpeg

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
March 27th, 2021 will mark the trucks one year birthday with me. In one year I’ve put more miles on this truck than any other vehicle I’ve owned in one year. This truck is the daily driver, family pontoon boat hauler, hunting and backcountry exploring truck, weekend warrior, and long road trip vehicle. I’m still impressed with how comfortable the truck is, as well as the power and fuel economy the EcoPoop delivers.

I have very few bad things to say about the truck, and most of those are very minor (Ford Sync 3 is marginal, and I’d prefer a hard button for the heated steering wheel). I still very much consider myself a Mopar guy at heart, but so far I’m enjoying the affair I’m having with the Ford Raptor.

First dirt road after leaving the showroom floor
View attachment 164645

How the truck looks today with a few mods (Tonnau Cover and Exterior Illumination for example)
View attachment 164646

One year mileage
View attachment 164647

Almost 17mpg average. Crazy good. Will be hard to give this up if you go TRX some day LOL. But you put your priorities in order. It’s a great all around truck and very comfortable.