My second Gen 3 in two months!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's an awesome looking truck!

Can you tell a difference in stopping power between the 35s and 37s?

Also, would you mind posting the payload capacity for your Raptor with the 37s when you get a chance?

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Resale on these things makes these types of purchases and searches possible without taking a complete bath. I sold my 2021 35 iconic a few months back for an absurd amount, and instantly regretted it. One of the first to get the 2021. I now have a really great deal lined up for a new late run 2022 it is everything I want except it is a 37pp. The guy that ordered it backed out. Lots of opinions about the 35 vs the 37 on this fourm. I bought the 35 because it is my daily driver and I assumed it would be a bit more economical/reasonable than the 37 (nobody had driven a 37 at this point). So my question is... having driven both do you notice an appreciable performance difference (cornering, stopping, daily driving, etc). You allude that there is none, but I wonder what, if any, the subtle differences might be.

OP
OP
Turning Blue

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations....... again!! You know you get 2 trips to the Raptor Assault now!!! 2 vins=2 trips.
Yes I've thought of that and my adult daughter is claiming the second seat. She accompanied me to Raptor Assault in 2020, but had to hang out alone for the day. We took some of the same trails the next day in my 2019 so she got a small taste. Trust me, I paid for both seats...lol.

OP
OP
Turning Blue

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Resale on these things makes these types of purchases and searches possible without taking a complete bath. I sold my 2021 35 iconic a few months back for an absurd amount, and instantly regretted it. One of the first to get the 2021. I now have a really great deal lined up for a new late run 2022 it is everything I want except it is a 37pp. The guy that ordered it backed out. Lots of opinions about the 35 vs the 37 on this fourm. I bought the 35 because it is my daily driver and I assumed it would be a bit more economical/reasonable than the 37 (nobody had driven a 37 at this point). So my question is... having driven both do you notice an appreciable performance difference (cornering, stopping, daily driving, etc). You allude that there is none, but I wonder what, if any, the subtle differences might be.
I've not noticed any diminished performance either in acceleration or in braking. However the small amounts that may be present won't likely matter in daily driving, especially if one drives a reasonable speed.

My wife complains it's taller to get in-and-out of but she'll get over it, haha. I noticed that too, but I don't mind it. So far the gas mileage on the trip meter is around 17 on the highway, and that's with constantly varying my speed, and going as fast as 90!
Consider yourself lucky to be in line for the 37 you mentioned and don't look back.

I won't call one superior over the other, especially on street and highway driving. I think personal preference and what you're willing to spend are the biggest factors. I also like the 37 PP graphics, but like I said, personal preference. Good luck with your purchase!

OP
OP
Turning Blue

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's an awesome looking truck!

Can you tell a difference in stopping power between the 35s and 37s?

Also, would you mind posting the payload capacity for your Raptor with the 37s when you get a chance?
Thanks!

Attachments

• 20221024_181828.jpg
    20221024_181828.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 20221024_181812.jpg
    20221024_181812.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 38

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

My 2018 SCAB without a moonroof only has a payload of 933 lbs. I'm probably going to hang onto it a couple more years, but really would like a few hundred more pounds of payload.

OP
OP
Turning Blue

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hm....

I see someone is out there just spending money like its going out of style from the options/stocks game lol
I would rather have avoided buying the one in August. "If only I had a crystal ball." I've pretty much worn out that statement throughout my life...lol, stocks included!

NeoLeo

Reaction score
Congratulations! Always a feel-good story to hear when someone gets the vehicle and options he really wants!

How did you sell the ‘22 35? How’s the market? I’m assuming still very good for “used” Raptors due to the low supply.