My second Gen 3 in two months!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been pining for a 37 Performance Package since they were announced. I finally got serious about buying one, but the one I found that checked all the boxes was at a dealership that wanted 30K over msrp. The only color I really wanted was Atlas Blue, and time was running out to get an Atlas Blue Gen 3 because Ford was not offering it for 2023. So in late August I settled on an Atlas Blue 22 without the 37 PP.

I loved the new Raptor, and noticed right away the better ride from the 5-link suspension. I also liked the larger screen and other new tech features. But I was still pining for the 37 PP, so I kept checking once or twice a week to see if any showed up on the Ford website, and others. To my surprise, a few started showing up, seemingly from a late model year production run. but they were usually special orders that were already sold. I finally found one about two hours away, built August 22nd, and was able to make a deal.

In hindsight, I should have hung onto the 19 until I found this 37 PP, but now that I have this one I won't waste any more time second guessing myself. The newest Raptor makes #4 for me. I started with a Ruby Red 2014 Special Edition, then my Velocity Blue 2019, the Atlas Blue 22 for two months, and now my Atlas Blue 22, 37 PP. During my two days of ownership I've put about 300 miles on it, and I'm loving it! Both 22's seem to be more "peppy" with normal acceleration than my previous Raptors, and I really didn't notice any loss of acceleration with the 37 PP. Of course I'm still following the break-in guidelines so I'm just talking about normal acceleration from a red light.

I've loved every one of my Raptors, but I feel very lucky to have found this one, especially because it was built after the tailgate applique shortage (yes, I prefer Raptors that have it), and it was built shortly before the new heated steering wheel delete. Anyway, thanks for reading (if anyone actually does...lol) and good luck to anyone else who is in the hunt for their special Raptor!

My 22 for two months:
2022 Raptor 35s.jpg

My 22, 37 PP:
2022 Raptor 37PP.jpg

AZxp

Reaction score
It's funny how the 35s look anemic after spending time around 37 trucks. Not that 37s won't fit easily on a 35 package but it's nice having it done from the factory

OP
OP
Turning Blue

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still getting used to the 37s looking more narrow, but a size comparison shows they're slightly wider. I haven't researched it, but I'm also wondering if the 37 PP wheel has a different offset? They look like they may? They also look to be more prone to rock/curb rash.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221024-010918_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221024-010918_Chrome.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 61

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm still getting used to the 37s looking more narrow, but a size comparison shows they're slightly wider. I haven't researched it, but I'm also wondering if the 37 PP wheel has a different offset? They look like they may? They also look to be more prone to rock/curb rash.

I've read that the offset for the 37PP is 30mm and all other Raptor wheels are 34mm.
This was posted by member @Raptor911...

Gen3 raptor offsets are as follows:

Cast Aluminum: +1.3”/34mm
Forged Aluminum (bead lock): +1.3”/34mm
“Raptor 37” forged aluminum bead lock: +1.2”/30mm