My Roush SC Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gensupt

Reaction score
Really enjoyed following your progress. Thinking of doing this to mine. Please continue with a review of your experience after you have had a couple days to break it in. Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
HAP

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I would add a little more contrast to my CAI. A few minutes with a silver paint pen did the trick for me.

BTW MOD's, I intended to post this thread in the 6.2 section but it ended up here. Your discretion to move...

R,
HAP

IMAG3773_zpsmcrtounz.jpg
IMAG3774_zpsp7c8lj13.jpg

OP
OP
HAP

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That happened last Sunday @ 1430. Probably has about 30 miles on it. Scheduled for the dyno on Monday.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you still on the forum? Just got my Jdm tune uploaded and ran mine today. Idle is a bit rough and it's kind of shuddery feeling on acceleration. Can you describe how yours feels? I was getting an injector open circuit code at first but found that when we put the intake tube on injector three came partially unplugged. I'm not getting any more codes but still rough idle and shudder on take off. Hp tuning shows it running a little lean @HAP

OP
OP
HAP

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm here. My install went pretty well. I made a few modifications to a few things like the large vacuum hose connections. Got the correct size hose instead of trying to force the size supplied in the kit. I was very meticulous with every detail and took my time to do everything right. It ran perfect with no issues at all. I would be concerned about the lean condition. Better a little fat than lean. Oil catch can now verses later...

R,
HAP

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm here. My install went pretty well. I made a few modifications to a few things like the large vacuum hose connections. Got the correct size hose instead of trying to force the size supplied in the kit. I was very meticulous with every detail and took my time to do everything right. It ran perfect with no issues at all. I would be concerned about the lean condition. Better a little fat than lean. Oil catch can now verses later...

R,
HAP

Thanks for the response. We actually got it figured out last night. Truck runs great now. I was having problems with an injector connection. We kept finagling with the connector and that fixed it. I guess we just weren't getting a good connection through the plug. Catch can will be here tomorrow. Have you had any belt problems? I'll probably go ahead and snag a spare belt and air filter just in case. All the pulleys and idlers seem to be aligned fine and I don't foresee and problems, but I'd hate to be stranded over something as simple as a shredded belt. The lean condition has gradually fixed itself. I would still like to get on a dyno one day and let an expert check everything real time. Are you still running the same tune?

OP
OP
HAP

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got it sorted out. No issues with belts at all. I do carry two spares. They are pretty pricey. But, I have a spare for my spare :)
The JDM tune is just right for me. It does not have that mean kick-down like the 5 Star did, but I think that help to avoid belt issues... As for the filter, the Airaid pre filter does a real good job and should keep the Roush filter clean for a long time.
Get the Helwig sway bar and some good traction bars for the full effect.

R,
HAP

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got it sorted out. No issues with belts at all. I do carry two spares. They are pretty pricey. But, I have a spare for my spare :)
The JDM tune is just right for me. It does not have that mean kick-down like the 5 Star did, but I think that help to avoid belt issues... As for the filter, the Airaid pre filter does a real good job and should keep the Roush filter clean for a long time.
Get the Helwig sway bar and some good traction bars for the full effect.

R,
HAP

Did you get one of these? Can't seem to figure out where it bolts to. Nothing about it in the instructions. I'm assuming it's a type of belt sheild? Also did you install a boost gauge? If so, would you mind giving me a quick rundown of how you routed everything and what you tapped your wires into?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 88