My raptor has a new friend (kinda?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaymare404

Reaction score
So not long after I get my raptor, my wife decides that it is a truck and we can now do truck things with it. So we (she) decides that we should take the kids to the Louisville boat and rv show to just browse around. After walking around the show for a bit, we both find a sweet travel trailer that would fit our family of 4 humans and 2 dogs. I am all for it since we dont get to take the dogs when we go on vacation ever and I am tired of them missing out. So long story short... we bought a camper for the raptor. 151842647691307721.jpg
Best part is... it matches the truck very well! that was a big deal to me! lol. Its a 2022 23DBH-L Alpha wolf. We drove 5 hours to go and pick it up and then 5 hours back home with little to no issues. There was some harsh shifting from the trans but we finally got that figured out and locked out the OD's and we were good to go. 13.2 MPG on the way back home so it wasnt too bad. 60-65 the whole way.

We look forward to taking many family vaca's in it and hopefully getting to do some raptor things while we are there.

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VERY Nice! I've taken a liking to the Outdoors RV line, their BackCountry series is a bit more off-grid oriented, and I may get one in the next year or two myself. In the meantime, renting thru one of the bigger on-line RV rental services isn't a bad way to get a 'taste' of the RV lifestyle, for those of you considering one.

Terp

Reaction score
Congrats, we looked at the Wolf Pup line last year but the build quality was garbage. We're waiting on an Ember 191MDB to deliver after selling our Geo Pro. Should be a blast to get off the beaten path a bit and sleeps 4 + dogs easily.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We graduated from out popup to a ‘21 Jayflight SLX 184BS. Not as big or heavy as yours but still towed like a dream behind the Raptor. Enjoy!

Remi_

Reaction score
Congrats!
Any idea how much your camper weighs? We are actually in the market right now.
Any mods for towing? Weight distribution hitch, air bags, leaf springs, etc?

OP
OP
Jaymare404

Jaymare404

Reaction score
When I started towing more than ~5000#, I went with a WD hitch and also Deaver +3hds.
That is what we have. I dont have upgraded leaf springs yet but will probably in the future. The dry weight was 5600 and we bought a blue ox weight distro hitch with it. With the distro hitch mounted and tightened, the truck sits perfectly level. It drove like a dream, but seamed to hunt a bit for gears until i locked it out of 8,9, and 10. Then it pulled like a freight train.

It is an Alpha Wolf 23DBH-L so you can look up the spec's on it. It is honestly the biggest that I would dare to go due to the raptors limited towing capabilities. Some have gone larger but I will not. If we do end up needing to go bigger, then I will have to get a different tow vehicle.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gotta ask, how has well has that thing pulled so far? You are way over the tongue weight with that trailer (700 lbs) and I've been agonizing about that recently, but the rear of the truck doesn't seem to be sagging too bad. I'm wondering if I'm being too conservative because I've only been considering trailers with 4-500 tongue weights.