Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

My Raptor got broken into

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by texasflyer, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Trick.Raptor

Trick.Raptor The Cracker Raptor Supporting Member

It doesn't help that its a safe bet that you can often find a firearm in a Raptor... Don't think criminals haven't caught on to that as well. The OP was lucky he had a vault!

--

2. KODIAK

KODIAK Full Access Member

Could replace the driver side handle with one that doesn't have a key hole. Eliminates the punched lock

SilverBolt and Trick.Raptor like this.
  3. FastEddie

FastEddie Full Access Member

If you’re getting jimmi jammers you may want to get the one for the tailgate also. It’s also just as easy to remove a tailgate and apparently there is a ready market for those and it’s an expensive item to replace.

Rodney Williams likes this.
  4. WaxyAgenda

WaxyAgenda Member

If someone wants to get in, they will. There's no amount of engineering that will fix that. If there's no weak points in the lock assembly, they'll just break the glass. You can break into any automobile by breaking the glass.

Roscoe968, jaz13 and HankTheTank like this.
  5. FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88 Full Access Member

The point is having a design flaw with the lock that makes it take 3 seconds to break into the truck makes our trucks a prime target. Otherwise they might pass our truck by and break into something else. A lot of thieves don't like to break windows because it's noisy and it's a guaranteed alarm. When they broke into my truck the alarm never went off.

KODIAK likes this.
  6. Wfo

Wfo FRF Addict

7. Wfo

Wfo FRF Addict

Not sure what happened there. Trucksecurity.com is where I got mine. Front door kit comes with barrel delete cover too

Trick.Raptor likes this.
  8. texasflyer

texasflyer Full Access Member

I considered doing this but not sure what I’d do if the battery dies after I jimmy and lock proof the truck. Break the window?

9. KODIAK

KODIAK Full Access Member

If you're going to do all the other stuff, I wouldn't. If you wanted to just replace the handle and eliminate the lock hole, then yeah. If the battery dies (how many times has this happened to you, ever?) I'd call pop a lock and have them airbag the door.

10. Hawaiian Time

Hawaiian Time Full Access Member

Do you know what triggered your alarm? Do you have the Ford Ultrasound "Perimeter Plus" system upgrade? I am under the impression that if the door lock is twisted after getting punched in then the alarm gets disabled since the truck thinks a key unlocked the door.