My Raptor got broken into

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by texasflyer, Feb 5, 2019.

1. rsbug

rsbug Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

True.....however just place it in the steering wheel ....limited spray pattern:)

2. rsbug

rsbug Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Referencing putting a perimeter plus device on, is there anything needed to modify ....like something via Forscan?
    I recall seeing something in the docs about Intrusion Alarm Enable...
    ...it states:
    "These settings are for those who add the intrusion sensors after buying their truck. After making the changes run a BdyCM LIN New Module Initialization in FORScan wrench icon. This also works on the 4.2"" cluster "

3. RaptorMaryland

RaptorMaryland Full Access Member

$48.33 plus $171.93 = $220.26 for me

Bracket, Sensor, and Light.
    Price includes shipping.

4. rtmozingo

rtmozingo Full Access Member

why would they do this when they can write speeding tickets?

Seriously, cars and houses all throughout my area have been broken into several times, and the only police activity we get is a speed trap nearby. I did have a cop follow me all the way into my garage to try and ticket me for my sticker being 2 days expired tho...that was an amusing story.

So far I have two people interested the possibility of painted door handles. Honestly, a batch of 4 seems to be my break even point, at least to get yall a price that would be competitive with a local job. I'm not totally against doing it, but I don't want to charge you guys more than it is worth, and at the same time I don't want to spend a lot of time setting up if I'm not going to make any money off of it, you know?

5. FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88 Full Access Member

Sigh, I guess it's just wishful thinking, hoping the police would do anything more than just try to generate revenue by harassing people for petty stuff.

I guess in cities there's just a lot to keep them busy. I think in a smaller area they would take it more seriously.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  6. Edbert

Edbert Full Access Member

Didn't want to read all 12 pages, so apologies if this was discussed already but...

The power tailgate can be lowered with any 12-volt power source while the vehicle is locked. The harness that leads to it has a plug with 10 or 12 wires in there, just snap it apart and apply B+ to the right terminal and the gate lowers for swift removal to Mejico.

7. sean1968

sean1968 Full Access Member

I use a Ctek battery maintainer and they have a pigtail quick disconnect system. You can install the pigtail to your battery permanently and leave the other end of the connector dangling down in the engine compartment secured and covered from the elements. If/when you’re battery is completely dead you can connect from below to charge or power it enough to unlock your truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8. Edbert

Edbert Full Access Member

I was looking around the other day to find an after-market "flush" door handle. Maybe it is just me bit it seems the raptor (more than other f150s I've owned) wants to coat the handle with mud/grime, I'm guessing from the front wheel.

I did not find anything I liked. Some hot-rod aftermarket companies like Kindigit have tricked out units like these.
    https://www.kindigitapparel.com/col...oducts/bar-straight-style-by-kindig-it-design

But they are pretty expensive and would cost 2-4 times that much to install.

9. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

10. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Brother, I’ve lived your frustration twice now in the past three months. Break-in from rear right and then drivers side windows. No attempts to breach the door locks. Thieves are looking for guns and other valuables. If you own an impressive truck like the Raptor you’re a target! I’m glad to know the console safe held up, I’m ordering one today. Keep the faith!