My Raptor got broken into

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UncleBruce

Reaction score
Yesterday while I was at work, I got an alert on my phone from the Ford Pass App that said "Alarm Triggered... security system has detected a threat and triggered the alarm." So I ran to the parking lot and there was my Raptor with the horn blowing and lights flashing. It probably took 15 seconds from the time I got the alert on my phone to the time I was staring at my truck. I noticed my console lid was up in the air. I walked around to the driver side door and there I saw the lock cylinder had been punched in and was laying on the ground and the door handle had been pried up from the bottom right, scratching the paint in the process.
View attachment 118590
View attachment 118591
(These aren't the best photos but you get the idea.)

Upon opening the driver side door with the console lid up in the air it was apparent that someone tried to open my E&G Console safe as the numbers were on "787" and I always keep it at "000".
View attachment 118592

Luckily, the thief couldn't get into the safe and once the alarm went off, he was gone. He didn't touch any of the other items in my console or glove compartment. Based on the way he entered my vehicle and the fact that he went straight for my console, I believe he was a pro looking for a firearm but he only had 5-10 seconds before the alarm was triggered.

I stopped by the Ford dealer and there was another guy there with a super duty that said both him and his coworker who also had a super duty got broken into that morning. I have owned several other trucks in the past, but this is my first Ford. In the past few days, I have learned how embarrassingly easy it is to break into these trucks.

Also, I suggest everyone setup the Ford Pass App if they haven't already.

UncleBruce

Reaction score
Twice last summer, about 2am, I had the alarm go off while the truck was parked in my driveway. It was locked and no damage occurred. Fordpass warned me both times. I thought it was an anomaly. I guess not!
Thanks for sharing how easy it is to get into these vehicles.

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Similar thing happened to me on my Gen 1 about 2+ years back. In my case it was my SkyLINK service that warned me when the battery cable was cut. https://www.fordraptorforum.com/thr...eper-install-and-attempted-theft-story.59752/

The ease of breaking into a F-150 has been known for years and you would think Ford would do something about it! They punched the lock on my brother's Excursion, similar to yours. I think we are targets because of this as well as > Ford Raptor = $$$ and there must be good stuff inside (criminal's mind).

I installed Jimmy Jammers and have the remote access module, just need to finish installing and activate.

pilot

Reaction score
I'm thinking it might be possible to remove the cylinder from the drivers side handle once you have it out of the door. There is a C clip holding the cylinder arm on and most likely the cylinder in. If so then just cover the hole, reinstall and remove the rod. Done with no parts or painting needed.

Last edited:

Squrtcap

Reaction score
As a former Firefighter, the easy access to vehicles is good for the honest citizens. The very high costs associated with present fix, to me, is not the only viable posit. How many truck owners leave more than $400 in property in vehicles?
I would remove both the lock and rod that attaches to it. Then fabricate a molly like device to fill the hole of the removed lock cylinder. Apply an epoxy on the outside and use touch up paint to the epoxy. Save all removed parts to reinstall if needed for resale.
Also, a bag for your under seat equipment could be carried in the bed if you have a bed cover.
Never leave your owners manual and insurance papers in cab, and get a CCW for your gun.
Fire rescue and tow truckers can get into all vehicles, except
Armored, in seconds. As soon as this lock fix is done to most vehicles, the bad guys will just get the tools needed to break in.

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the non keyed door handle, truck vault & Ravelco installed first week I got the truck.

San Antonio is not a safe place for Fords....

http://www.ravelco.com/

I think this is the best idea....just researched it and it looks like the way to go. Just curious as to where you had the device inside the cab installed. I have a 2018 and would rather have it in an inconspicuous place rather than in an unsightly open area.

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a former Firefighter, the easy access to vehicles is good for the honest citizens. The very high costs associated with present fix, to me, is not the only viable posit. How many truck owners leave more than $400 in property in vehicles?
I would remove both the lock and rod that attaches to it. Then fabricate a molly like device to fill the hole of the removed lock cylinder. Apply an epoxy on the outside and use touch up paint to the epoxy. Save all removed parts to reinstall if needed for resale.
Also, a bag for your under seat equipment could be carried in the bed if you have a bed cover.
Never leave your owners manual and insurance papers in cab, and get a CCW for your gun.
Fire rescue and tow truckers can get into all vehicles, except
Armored, in seconds. As soon as this lock fix is done to most vehicles, the bad guys will just get the tools needed to break in.

Bingo! I don't know squat, but somewhere I heard "don't leave expensive shit in your truck" and "if you don't want your truck driven off, put a hidden fuel pump relay switch somewhere under the seat where someone would have to spend time looking to switch it on."

Thumpzilla44

Reaction score
My friend has a warehouse outside of Houston and was working nights with his men..
2 guys had 2016 F150's - Both stolen. It was better that the guys weren't there as they all carry a form of Texas Justice..He said a lot of trucks are being broken into in the area..Ford needs to fix this as it is soo easy to break in.