My One Year Review - 2019 Agate Black SCREW 801A

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Gerald

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To do list for the next 6-12 months (or maybe longer)

• Stubby antenna
  • Bedside LED light on bogan arm
  • Rigid Radiance Front Bumper LED kit
  • HD Deavers
  • Pro Eagle Jack
  • Recovery Gear
  • Viair compressor
  • Ravelco Anti Theft Plug
  • Bump Stops
  • Flood Ford Extended Warranty

Mariners Fan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To do list for the next 6-12 months (or maybe longer)

• Stubby antenna
  • Bedside LED light on bogan arm
  • Rigid Radiance Front Bumper LED kit
  • HD Deavers
  • Pro Eagle Jack
  • Recovery Gear
  • Viair compressor
  • Ravelco Anti Theft Plug
  • Bump Stops
  • Flood Ford Extended Warranty

Great thread man! I followed your S2 install and enjoyed it as well. Your thread was pretty much the deciding factor on my reverse light purchase.
Lombard Ford does ESP's for a couple hundred more if you want to stretch payments out for 12 months.
For a stubby antenna, I got a TEKK from amazon for about $35. I read a ton of reviews first and didn't want a .50 cal antenna - too cliche for me. I get FM reception all the way up the mountain skiing now, where with the stock whip I'd lose it.
Have you thought about ceramic coating your Raptor? I'm going to get my 9 month old truck done in Sept. I'm not into waxing and I have the graphics package. They can coat the graphics as well.
Enjoy the ride!!!

OP
OP
Gerald

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great thread man! I followed your S2 install and enjoyed it as well. Your thread was pretty much the deciding factor on my reverse light purchase.
Lombard Ford does ESP's for a couple hundred more if you want to stretch payments out for 12 months.
For a stubby antenna, I got a TEKK from amazon for about $35. I read a ton of reviews first and didn't want a .50 cal antenna - too cliche for me. I get FM reception all the way up the mountain skiing now, where with the stock whip I'd lose it.
Have you thought about ceramic coating your Raptor? I'm going to get my 9 month old truck done in Sept. I'm not into waxing and I have the graphics package. They can coat the graphics as well.
Enjoy the ride!!!
Thanks!! And thanks for the additional information on ESP and antennas. I'll be sure to check those out. No, I haven't really thought about a true ceramic coating. But always something to consider down the road.

Kashoggio

Lives in a van down by the river.
Reaction score
Nice review but can’t agree on the fuel choice . These trucks run much better on premium fuel and are designed to perform at their premium on such fuels. At 5600 miles , you have let’s say at an average 14 mpg you have used 400 gallons of fuel . At your .48 difference that $192 difference ... put the premium in .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At your .48 difference that $192 difference ... put the premium in
I agree, plus you will get slightly better fuel economy which will cut that cost even more. You have a 70K truck, don't be cheap on the fuel. Also (supposedly) premium fuel has more detergent in it. It is worth it.

D

Deleted member 17706

I agree, plus you will get slightly better fuel economy which will cut that cost even more. You have a 70K truck, don't be cheap on the fuel. Also (supposedly) premium fuel has more detergent in it. It is worth it.

^^^ this! Moreover, the OP lives in Houston. Get a Costco membership. They have top tier fuel and their premium gas prices are normally what regular gas costs at other (non-warehouse) stores. Plus if you get a Costco Visa, you get 4% back when purchasing Costco gas. The gas savings alone pays for my membership.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ this! Moreover, the OP lives in Houston. Get a Costco membership. They have top tier fuel and their premium gas prices are normally what regular gas costs at other (non-warehouse) stores. Plus if you get a Costco Visa, you get 4% back when purchasing Costco gas. The gas savings alone pays for my membership.

I was just about to say that. Here in OH, Costco premium is the same price as everyone else’s regular. They add a good amount of detergents too. Allegedly, a GM tech instructor I used to know said they were having great luck with it in DI engines. You can also buy Techron in there which I would run every 5k. The brochure and Ford’s website both recommend 91+ for the 3.5HO. With the Texas heat and amount of boost the engine takes, I wouldn’t run anything else. My 5.0L in my Mustang is rated to run on 87, but I never have. Honestly, during the Obama Presidency when he was searching for fuel economy solutions, there was a push from all the auto manufacturers to make 93 octane standard. I don’t know why that never happened. There isn’t a single gas engine out there that couldn’t benefit from a tune to run on higher octane.

As for your undercoating, I recommend a product called Woolwax. I spray all my winter vehicles with it every Fall and it seems to really help. Up here, with all the corrosive crap they dump on the roads, you can’t spray enough. It’s a lanolin based formula and will creep around when it gets warm.

Last edited: