My New Favorite Jackstands

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bigrig

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually jack from the frame behind the area where the jack stands are in the following picture. I have a riser attached to my jack which makes it possible to reach the frame (picture below). Hope this helps!

1.jpg

31.jpg

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually jack from the frame behind the area where the jack stands are in the following picture. I have a riser attached to my jack which makes it possible to reach the frame (picture below). Hope this helps!

1.jpg

31.jpg
Thanks I'll have to check mine out see if it works or not ? I haven't taken out the factory jack yet but I'd like to have a jack in the back ready to go without going thru the hassle of the factory jack !

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those Sunex high jack stands of the OP are really nice, probably get used once or twice in the first few months, then like a lot of specialty tools, sit around for years without much use. Hard to justify the space they take up as well as the cost.

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those Sunex high jack stands of the OP are really nice, probably get used once or twice in the first few months, then like a lot of specialty tools, sit around for years without much use. Hard to justify the space they take up as well as the cost.
Not sure I would agree especially if you rotate your tires like I do I think they will get used at least in my shop.

OP
OP
bigrig

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I think it really depends on how often you find yourself working on your rear suspension. I find myself taking off my rear shocks somewhat regularly to clean them and replace the torn boots after trips through the desert. Nowadays, that is where I use them the most.

Besides that though, these stands are an essential tool when replacing/modifying your rear suspension and IMHO are well worth a one time ~$200 investment if you are doing the suspension work yourself.

But as you suspect they are difficult to store, so if you don't have much storage, these guys might not be for you.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a shop, but storage is still at a premium with all of the other occasional tools, ie mig welder, torch welder, drill press, sander, lathe, mill, blah, blah, blah. As far as tire rotation, the tire stores do it for free. At age 67, I'll take that any day. Like you said, their not for me...too bulky. And, I'm not under the truck that much.

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a shop, but storage is still at a premium with all of the other occasional tools, ie mig welder, torch welder, drill press, sander, lathe, mill, blah, blah, blah. As far as tire rotation, the tire stores do it for free. At age 67, I'll take that any day. Like you said, their not for me...too bulky. And, I'm not under the truck that much.
Lol I'm not too old ! "Yet"

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RaptorMaryland,
I have friend who's Dad owned a service station. He sent his son for lunch, and when his son returned with the lunch his Dad was crushed under the car he had been working on.
When working under your truck you can NEVER be TOO safe. Work on a level surface. Chock the wheels. Put on the Emergency brake. Make sure the transmission is in park.
Use the heaviest duty jack you can find to raise the wheel you are working on, and then put supports under the frame. With a 6,000 pound truck the minimum jack stand strength would be 1,500#; stronger is better. If you are off-roading and don't have jack stands, place the spare under the frame.
Be careful!!!

Eddie
Bingo. Great advice. But that is why I leave it to the pros.