My new baby finally in hand -BlueWhale on maiden journey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlueWhale

BlueWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you pick this up for MSRP
No, if u had to ask it was $5k. check out my thread on dealer markups, i have spreadsheet bunch of places i called when shopping and what markups where at that time.

J R

Reaction score
No, if u had to ask it was $5k. check out my thread on dealer markups, i have spreadsheet bunch of places i called when shopping and what markups where at that time.
Thanks very much. I’m a 2 time gen2 owner and hunted for my previous two for months. 6+ no exaggeration.

I was gauging to see how many individuals, forums or not are getting theirs for msrp. It’s not looking like many. I live 3 miles from bajahq, seen a ton of gen3’s lately so naturally one is curious. I wish you could have had those $5k towards goodies

Apex-mad_man

Reaction score
Do you guys know where or which “ flats” like the dry lake beds where i can let her run. Occasional pulls every so often to vary the load. I”m only in St. Louis today headed to Kansas City now for next BBQ stop
102 MPH during the break-in period? :oops:

crc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks very much. I’m a 2 time gen2 owner and hunted for my previous two for months. 6+ no exaggeration.

I was gauging to see how many individuals, forums or not are getting theirs for msrp. It’s not looking like many. I live 3 miles from bajahq, seen a ton of gen3’s lately so naturally one is curious. I wish you could have had those $5k towards goodies
I picked up a loaded 37PP , with Graphics , Blue interior 10k over. It worked out they gave me a ton for my Gen2 .

J R

Reaction score
I picked up a loaded 37PP , with Graphics , Blue interior 10k over. It worked out they gave me a ton for my Gen2 .
That’s my plan as well.. considering my options as all good owners do. I live in socal so my resell value tends to stay high. I also have a significant other who is an actuary for all state insurance

For all wondering, insurance considers the market value on gen 2 raptors with the PP and aftermarket wheels to be between 90-115k (depending on miles, color, and aftermarket parts)

I have deavers, method wheels, bumpers, rpg sliders - control arms - tie rods and they had mine at $96k market value. 8k miles gen 2, 2020

It’s my thought it would be good to share this. This amount was presented to me in August 2021, so a full year later could wipe everything I have said out. But just wanted to alert those who want to trade in and have under 25k mikes and $2-10k put into truck

Market value is what you need to pursue on your trade in. They want to buy in at black market price and sell it for $2k above the highest raptor in their <100 vicinity. They will remind you, it’s a dealership and we don’t pay market. Remind them you have a car they won’t have walk into their store for *** amount more days. Leverage is on your side with a car that is appreciating, in a sense. It certainly doesn’t dip below MSRP often in this private market.

OP
OP
BlueWhale

BlueWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
102 MPH during the break-in period? :oops:
That was around 1k miles if memory serves me right. One thing for sure this engine just wants to go and go. Really had to discipline myself stay under 90 and avoid ticket.