My journey to Raptor R ownership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4rdFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is not the Raptor R... I don't even think it is a Ford vehicle. This type of camo is typical of GM.... I bet it is one of their vehicles.
I believe you are correct! The camo is very similar to the spy shots of the 2023 GMC Canyon.

ohioguy521

Reaction score
I've grown tired of hearing about a Raptor R coming soon... I sold my 2019 Raptor for almost what I paid for a year prior and then just looked at something different !! Until I actually see a Raptor R on a lot I won't believe it.

I've owned 12 Ford trucks in my life, two diesel trucks( 250 and a 350) mainly stayed in newer 150s and then most recently a 19 Raptor.

After much investigating I went ahead and bought a RAM TRX and can honestly say it's the best truck I have owned! Maybe when they come out with the Raptor R I'll drive one and want one but until then I'm going to enjoy driving around in my new beast!

Raptor as it is right now doesn't come close to the TRX in anything except fuel efficiency and being a little lighter and more agile.

Attachments

• 20211106_093436~01.jpg
    20211106_093436~01.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 49

TXAG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've grown tired of hearing about a Raptor R coming soon... I sold my 2019 Raptor for almost what I paid for a year prior and then just looked at something different !! Until I actually see a Raptor R on a lot I won't believe it.

I've owned 12 Ford trucks in my life, two diesel trucks( 250 and a 350) mainly stayed in newer 150s and then most recently a 19 Raptor.

After much investigating I went ahead and bought a RAM TRX and can honestly say it's the best truck I have owned! Maybe when they come out with the Raptor R I'll drive one and want one but until then I'm going to enjoy driving around in my new beast!

Raptor as it is right now doesn't come close to the TRX in anything except fuel efficiency and being a little lighter and more agile.

That thing come with a fire extinguisher?

Mxsledder

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Nice truck! I love my Raptor but am grateful for the TRX. Without it there likely would have never been a Raptor R.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score

That's a smart move. If the R ships it won't be affordable for years. Instead of pining for a V8, you're driving one. You can always dump the TRX and buy an R if they ever become an affordable reality. And if they don't, you won't have wasted half your life waiting while Ford plays games with your head.

ohioguy521

Reaction score
Trust me . I've been loyal Ford truck owner and that hasn't changed and will probably grab a Raptor R at whatever price on it is when they do come out with one. I am not naive though and have now owned both and if anyone thinks that the current raptors even come close to the TRX are just in denial.

I'm repeat the only thing that Ford can lay claim to is gas mileage and it's light and more agile. The other thing I didn't mention I was always not happy with in my 19 Raptor was the nav unit.. how do you spend 77k on a truck and it has the same small display screen in it?

I paid 95k for the TRX and love the screen, and all the electronics inside and out, love the power and the ride.. Don't love the gas mileage but I accept that trade off when you are smiling driving down the road.

And my wife didn't know allot about trucks but loves driving them and questioned my getting rid of the raptor because she loved driving it... The moment she got behind the wheel in the TRX she looked over and said holy crap!! She totally understands and loves driving this more than her own car.

Don't get me wrong or take my thread the wrong way. I really hope this gets fire lit under Ford and they come back with something better but you can't just sit back and think you have arrived at all times. I'm hoping to see myself in a Raptor R in the next year or 2

Mxsledder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trust me . I've been loyal Ford truck owner and that hasn't changed and will probably grab a Raptor R at whatever price on it is when they do come out with one. I am not naive though and have now owned both and if anyone thinks that the current raptors even come close to the TRX are just in denial.

I'm repeat the only thing that Ford can lay claim to is gas mileage and it's light and more agile. The other thing I didn't mention I was always not happy with in my 19 Raptor was the nav unit.. how do you spend 77k on a truck and it has the same small display screen in it?

I paid 95k for the TRX and love the screen, and all the electronics inside and out, love the power and the ride.. Don't love the gas mileage but I accept that trade off when you are smiling driving down the road.

And my wife didn't know allot about trucks but loves driving them and questioned my getting rid of the raptor because she loved driving it... The moment she got behind the wheel in the TRX she looked over and said holy crap!! She totally understands and loves driving this more than her own car.

Don't get me wrong or take my thread the wrong way. I really hope this gets fire lit under Ford and they come back with something better but you can't just sit back and think you have arrived at all times. I'm hoping to see myself in a Raptor R in the next year or 2
The gas mileage is bad for sure but the Raptor R will likely be very very close to the same mpg.

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The gas mileage is bad for sure but the Raptor R will likely be very very close to the same mpg.
If it does end up with the same powerplant as the 500, I can tell you the MPG is going to be well below double digits. I have a 21 500 and while I don't ***** it around, even moderate driving yields 11ish mpg. Now pile that in a truck that weighs a bunch more.